38 rounds of ammunition found under a bridge in Assam
Jorhat: Around 38 rounds of live ammunition were recovered from under a bridge in Assam`s Jorhat district on Saturday.
A ragpicker found the ammunitions while searching for garbage under the bridge in Rajabari area under Cinnamara police station of the district, police said.
The police rushed to the spot as soon as they received information and found 22 rounds of ammunition of 9 mm pistols and 16 rounds of 7.65 pistol.
The police have seized the ammunitions, sources said adding, further investigations were on.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rahul Gandhi takes U-turn, says never blamed RSS for Gandhi's assassination
- Secret documents on Indian Navy's Scorpene-class submarine leaked
- PM Modi's photos, Indian flags raised during massive protests in Balochistan
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy?
- Did India become victim of Scorpene submarine conspiracy? Part II
- International Weightlifting federation names 15 re-test doping failures
- Football Tourism: PSG will receive $197 million to promote tourism in Qatar
- Nitin Gadkari appointed as BJP election in-charge for Goa Assembly polls
- Xiaomi Redmi 4, Redmi Note 4 likely to be launched on Thursday
- Cabinet raises compensation for terror, blast victims