45 injured as express train derails in Assam
Guwahati: At least 45 people were injured Friday when nine coaches of an express train jumped tracks near Guwahati in Assam, authorities said.
The accident took place around 2.15 a.m. between Aujuri and Jagiroad stations of the Northeast Frontier Railway.
The train started its journey from Dimapur in Nagaland Tuesday night and was to reach Guwahati early Wednesday.
NF Railway`s chief public relations officer S. Lahiri said there were no deaths but at least 45 passengers received minor injuries.
The accident affected railway service in the whole state, forcing the authorities to cancel eight trains and terminate at least four.
"The movement of trains was affected for quite some time due to the accident. We detained trains at many places due to the accident. However, movement started as soon as the tracks were cleared," Lahiri said.
Five trains, including the New Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express, were halted at various stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- BSP shrugs off Rita Bahuguna 's jump; says BJP will still face defeat in UP polls
- Navjot Singh Sidhu out on zero to Waqar Younis in 1990 – The match Kapil Sharma keeps talking about
- MS Dhoni reacts in astonishment as Axar Patel takes a stunning one-handed catch - VIDEO
- Pierce Brosnan 'deeply shocked and saddened' because of Pan Masala brand ad
- Sushant Singh Rajput’s former girlfriend Ankita Lokhande’s Karva Chauth photos will surprise you