45 injured as express train derails in Assam
Guwahati: At least 45 people were injured Friday when nine coaches of an express train jumped tracks near Guwahati in Assam, authorities said.
The accident took place around 2.15 a.m. between Aujuri and Jagiroad stations of the Northeast Frontier Railway.
The train started its journey from Dimapur in Nagaland Tuesday night and was to reach Guwahati early Wednesday.
NF Railway`s chief public relations officer S. Lahiri said there were no deaths but at least 45 passengers received minor injuries.
The accident affected railway service in the whole state, forcing the authorities to cancel eight trains and terminate at least four.
"The movement of trains was affected for quite some time due to the accident. We detained trains at many places due to the accident. However, movement started as soon as the tracks were cleared," Lahiri said.
Five trains, including the New Delhi-bound Rajdhani Express, were halted at various stations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fresh plea in SC against triple talaq system
- Consumers will be compensated for unscheduled power cuts: Delhi CM Kejriwal
- Shocking! Man dies performing stunt in moving train in Mumbai
- China planning to stretch its Nepal rail link to Bihar: Report
- National child helpline number '1098' now launched in 25 languages!
- JeM planning Pathankot-II with support from Pakistan's ISI, IM, conducting recce of Indian cities: Military intel
- Arijit Singh writes open letter to Salman Khan apologising and requesting him to retain ‘Sultan’ song – Here’s why
- Akshay Kumar with 'Housefull3' gang set to sizzle in saddi Dilli—See selfie!
- Megresults.nic.in & mbose.in HSSLC Results 2016: Meghalaya Board Tura Class 12th Arts exam results 2016 to be announced shortly
- Mbose.in 10th SSLC Results 2016: Megresults.nic.in Meghalaya Board SSLC Class 10th exam results 2016 to be announced shortly