45 injured in road mishap in Assam
Rangiya: Forty five people were injured, five of them critically, when a speeding bus overturned in Assam`s Kamrup (Rural) district on Friday, police said.
The driver of the Assam State Transport Corporation (ASTC) bus, on its way to Guwahati from Barpeta, was trying to overtake a truck when it overturned and rolled down the road to a nearby field in Nayanpur area under Hajo police station.
The condition of five injured was stated to be critical. They were admitted to the Guwahati Medical College Hospital, while the others were being treated at the Hajo Primary Health Care centre, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over vote bank politics on Hinduism
- DNA: Terrorists' new strategy of snatching weapons from Indian security personnel
- Panel discussion over delayed development in Ayodhya
- Don't give any importance to Ramgopal Yadav's remarks: Mulayam Singh Yadav
- Watch: Report on delayed development in Ayodhya
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- WATCH: Akhilesh Yadav's emotional speech revealing the real reason behind Samajwadi Party crisis; he was about to cry
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- India vs New Zealand, 4th ODI: As it happened...