45 injured in road mishap in Assam
Rangiya: Forty five people were injured, five of them critically, when a speeding bus overturned in Assam`s Kamrup (Rural) district on Friday, police said.
The driver of the Assam State Transport Corporation (ASTC) bus, on its way to Guwahati from Barpeta, was trying to overtake a truck when it overturned and rolled down the road to a nearby field in Nayanpur area under Hajo police station.
The condition of five injured was stated to be critical. They were admitted to the Guwahati Medical College Hospital, while the others were being treated at the Hajo Primary Health Care centre, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why