45 injured in road mishap in Assam
Rangiya: Forty five people were injured, five of them critically, when a speeding bus overturned in Assam`s Kamrup (Rural) district on Friday, police said.
The driver of the Assam State Transport Corporation (ASTC) bus, on its way to Guwahati from Barpeta, was trying to overtake a truck when it overturned and rolled down the road to a nearby field in Nayanpur area under Hajo police station.
The condition of five injured was stated to be critical. They were admitted to the Guwahati Medical College Hospital, while the others were being treated at the Hajo Primary Health Care centre, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- 'Madaari' is outstanding, says Deepika Padukone
- Three Taliban commanders arrested in Afghanistan's Samangan province
- Kamal Haasan still under medical care in hospital
- Kashmir unrest: Policeman injured in Burhan Wani protest dies, death toll rises to 46
- PNB Housing Finance readies Rs 2,500-crore IPO, heads to tier 2, 3 cities