60 labourers injured in bridge collapse
Dhemaji: At least 60 labourers, including
some women, were injured, 17 of them seriously, when a
concrete bridge collapsed in Upper Assam`s Dhemaji district on Saturday.
Official sources said that a portion of the bridge
between the construction site of Bogibeel road-cum-rail bridge
and Silapathar collapsed after a heavy vehicle was trying to
cross when the labourers were at work for its repair.
The injured have been shifted to Silapathar public health
centre while those seriously hurt are being treated at the
Dhemaji civil hospital.
Top police and civil officials of the district are at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analyzing ground reality of life of poor and vagrant people in India
- DNA: Analysis of press conference between Rajnath Singh and Mehbooba Mufti on Kashmir violence
- DNA: Analysis of India's weaknesses in new inventions and discoveries
- DNA: Prasoon Joshi's hard-hitting poem depicting society's mentality towards females
- DNA: Encouraging the traditional Indian habit of eating food with hands
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams goes click-click as US National Park Service celebrates centennial!
- Fire alarm forces AI to divert Mumbai-Newark flight
- Canada reaffirms support for India's NSG membership bid
- His LS constituency flooded, PM Modi deputes MP for help
- Cricket reforms: BCCI submits Compliance Report to Supreme Court-appointed Justice RM Lodha panel