60 labourers injured in bridge collapse
Dhemaji: At least 60 labourers, including
some women, were injured, 17 of them seriously, when a
concrete bridge collapsed in Upper Assam`s Dhemaji district on Saturday.
Official sources said that a portion of the bridge
between the construction site of Bogibeel road-cum-rail bridge
and Silapathar collapsed after a heavy vehicle was trying to
cross when the labourers were at work for its repair.
The injured have been shifted to Silapathar public health
centre while those seriously hurt are being treated at the
Dhemaji civil hospital.
Top police and civil officials of the district are at
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK
- DNA: Analysis of crime, fraud and corruption during election in POK - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of obesity in India and its precautionary measures
- DNA: Analysis of obesity in India and its precautionary measures - Part II
- DNA: Analysis of conditions faced by Indian Army at Daulat Beg Oldi military base