70 fall ill after consuming `prasad` in Assam
Rangiya: At least 70 persons have fallen ill after consuming `prasad` during a local festival in Assam`s Kamrup Rural district since late last night.
The police today said the people, suspected to be suffering from food poisoning, complained of vomiting and stomachache, after taking the `prasad` consisting of sprouts, gram, coconut and others during the local `Bhuldia` festival at Hholmari village near Bijoynagar town of the district.
The affected have been admitted to local hospitals in Palashbari and Mirza.
Senior district officials have gone to the spot and samples of the offering has been sent for tests, the sources added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to expand your existing business
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists, says Farooq Abdullah
- Prashant Bhushan questions Arvind Kejriwal on Lokpal through press conference
- UP: DM B Chandrakala participates in anti-riots drill in Bulandshahr
- PM Modi addresses the nation during Maan Ki baat
- Women fit only to deliver children, gender equality un-islamic: Kerala Muslim leader
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?
- Russian MP dies while ‘having sex’ inside car - Read
- Modi govt 'promoting Brahmanism' in the name of 'Hindu Rashtravad': Arundhati Roy
- Ban on Salman Rushdie's 'The Satanic Verses' by Rajiv Gandhi govt was a mistake: P Chidambaram