70 fall ill after consuming `prasad` in Assam

Last Updated: Thursday, July 5, 2012 - 14:07

Rangiya: At least 70 persons have fallen ill after consuming `prasad` during a local festival in Assam`s Kamrup Rural district since late last night.
The police today said the people, suspected to be suffering from food poisoning, complained of vomiting and stomachache, after taking the `prasad` consisting of sprouts, gram, coconut and others during the local `Bhuldia` festival at Hholmari village near Bijoynagar town of the district.

The affected have been admitted to local hospitals in Palashbari and Mirza.

Senior district officials have gone to the spot and samples of the offering has been sent for tests, the sources added.


Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.

First Published: Thursday, July 5, 2012 - 14:07

More from zeenews

comments powered by Disqus