70 fall ill after consuming `prasad` in Assam
Rangiya: At least 70 persons have fallen ill after consuming `prasad` during a local festival in Assam`s Kamrup Rural district since late last night.
The police today said the people, suspected to be suffering from food poisoning, complained of vomiting and stomachache, after taking the `prasad` consisting of sprouts, gram, coconut and others during the local `Bhuldia` festival at Hholmari village near Bijoynagar town of the district.
The affected have been admitted to local hospitals in Palashbari and Mirza.
Senior district officials have gone to the spot and samples of the offering has been sent for tests, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred