70 fall ill after consuming `prasad` in Assam
Rangiya: At least 70 persons have fallen ill after consuming `prasad` during a local festival in Assam`s Kamrup Rural district since late last night.
The police today said the people, suspected to be suffering from food poisoning, complained of vomiting and stomachache, after taking the `prasad` consisting of sprouts, gram, coconut and others during the local `Bhuldia` festival at Hholmari village near Bijoynagar town of the district.
The affected have been admitted to local hospitals in Palashbari and Mirza.
Senior district officials have gone to the spot and samples of the offering has been sent for tests, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje
- Lalitgate: BJP helping fugitives, law breakers; PM Modi doing 'Maun Yoga', alleges Congress