AAMEF welcomes SC directive for CBI probe into Saradha scam
Guwahati: The All Assam Media Employees Federation today welcomed Supreme Court`s directive for a CBI probe into the multi-crore Saradha scam in Assam, West Bengal, Odisha and Tripura and appealed for compensation for media employees of the group.
More than thousand media employees in eastern India, who worked for newspapers and news channels owned by Saradha group of companies, suddenly lost their jobs after the collapse of the group in April, 2013, a statement by AAMEF said here.
The statement said that most of them did not receive their salaries for two to three months before the closure. "In Assam, over 300 media employees of Bengali daily Sakalbela and English daily Seven Sisters? Post were yet to receive three months? salaries when the newspapers closed down," the statement said.
AAMEF, an umbrella organization of various Assam-based media organizations, appealed to Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi for taking personal interest in compensating the media employees at the earliest.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Indian Army avenges Uri with surgical strikes across LoC, heavy casualties
- SETBACK! Sedition case against 200 Congress workers for shouting 'Pakistan Zindabad' slogans during rally for Uri martyrs
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- US NSA Susan Rice calls Ajit Doval, says 'expect Pakistan to take action against terror’
- Did Arvind Kejriwal tweet in favour of Pakistan over Uri attacks? Here is what Twitter says