AAP single issue-based party, alliance depends on them: CPI(M)
Guwahati: Terming Aam Aadmi Party as a single issue-based movement, the CPI(M) on Sunday said the Arvind Kejriwal-led party is getting acceptance in those places where the Left is traditionally not strong.
"It (AAP) is a single issue-based movement. AAP is going strong where traditionally the Left is not strong," CPI(M) Politburo member Sitaram Yechury told PTI here.
The Rajya Sabha member said AAP represents a force which wanted a clean government and this particular idea was an international phenomenon which had emerged from the Tahrir Square movement in Egypt.
"They (AAP) talk about an ideal state, which is not corrupt, secular and also follow some democratic traditions. But we cannot achieve that ideal state from the abstraction of the economic policies that are already followed. I am sure, with experience they will get mature," Yechury said.
The senior Communist leader said corruption was not just a moral issue the way AAP was projecting.
"Corruption is an outcome of economic policies. It is a part of crony Capitalism. There is no clarity on the issues that they are raising," he added.
When asked whether the CPI(M) and the Left was willing to form a post-poll alliance with AAP, Yechury said, "Many of the issues that they are raising, we have been talking about for long. Forming an alliance with AAP depends on them whether they want to join us or not."
He said the party was open to an alliance with anyone who was non-Congress and non-BJP.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand