AASU protests against `govt`s role` regarding immigrants
Guwahati: Scores of AASU activists took out a demonstration and burnt effigies of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and members of the Bangaldeshi delegation outside the hotel here where the MPs are putting up.
AASU advisor Sammujjal Bhattacharya criticised the role of the AGP and Congress governments who had ruled the state during the last 27 years, since the Assam Accord. He also blamed the BJP-led NDA which was in power at the Centre for six years after the accord was signed.
A 12-member team of visiting Bangladesh MPs had yesterday claimed here that the Indian government had not taken up the issue of infiltration from Bangladesh with their government at the diplomatic level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie