AASU protests against `govt`s role` regarding immigrants
Guwahati: Scores of AASU activists took out a demonstration and burnt effigies of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and members of the Bangaldeshi delegation outside the hotel here where the MPs are putting up.
AASU advisor Sammujjal Bhattacharya criticised the role of the AGP and Congress governments who had ruled the state during the last 27 years, since the Assam Accord. He also blamed the BJP-led NDA which was in power at the Centre for six years after the accord was signed.
A 12-member team of visiting Bangladesh MPs had yesterday claimed here that the Indian government had not taken up the issue of infiltration from Bangladesh with their government at the diplomatic level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Ayodhya dispute: SC asks parties to solve matter amicably, offers mediation
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- This fiery speech by Yogi Adityanath in Parliament on communal riots is setting internet on fire - MUST WATCH
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next