AASU protests against `govt`s role` regarding immigrants
Guwahati: Scores of AASU activists took out a demonstration and burnt effigies of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and members of the Bangaldeshi delegation outside the hotel here where the MPs are putting up.
AASU advisor Sammujjal Bhattacharya criticised the role of the AGP and Congress governments who had ruled the state during the last 27 years, since the Assam Accord. He also blamed the BJP-led NDA which was in power at the Centre for six years after the accord was signed.
A 12-member team of visiting Bangladesh MPs had yesterday claimed here that the Indian government had not taken up the issue of infiltration from Bangladesh with their government at the diplomatic level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Beware! Fake currency notes floating in market this Diwali
- Intelligence agencies warn of firing by Pakistan along LoC, international border
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon