AASU protests against `govt`s role` regarding immigrants
Guwahati: Scores of AASU activists took out a demonstration and burnt effigies of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh, Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi and members of the Bangaldeshi delegation outside the hotel here where the MPs are putting up.
AASU advisor Sammujjal Bhattacharya criticised the role of the AGP and Congress governments who had ruled the state during the last 27 years, since the Assam Accord. He also blamed the BJP-led NDA which was in power at the Centre for six years after the accord was signed.
A 12-member team of visiting Bangladesh MPs had yesterday claimed here that the Indian government had not taken up the issue of infiltration from Bangladesh with their government at the diplomatic level.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Wife catches husband with his girlfriend at Goa Airport
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: There are no shortcuts to success, says Dr Chandra
- 'Mann ki Baat': Will implement 13 new pointers to Land Bill from today itself, says PM Modi
- Watch 15 reports from 15 cities
- Sheena murder case: Unfolding deceit, lies and murder!
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna, driver taken to Raigad to recreate crime scene
- Wife catches husband along with his girlfriend at Goa airport, video goes viral – Watch
- Bihar polls 2015: Lalu pacifies 'upset' Mulayam ahead of Mahagatbandhan rally, offers 5 seats to SP
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Osama bin Laden is alive, staying in Bahamas, claims Edward Snowden