Abducted boy rescued from Assam
Itanagar: An 11-year-old boy who was abducted a fortnight ago, was rescued by a joint team of Arunachal Pradesh and Assam police from Gohpur in Assam`s Sonitpur district, the police said Tuesday.
"Bikram Kumar, son of a Naharlagun postal department employee, was abducted by three armed miscreants from Gohpur area," Capital SP Seiju P Kuruvilla said.
The boy and his parents were travelling in a truck when the abductors on motorcycles waylaid the truck and snatched the boy away.
An FIR was registered at Gohpur police station and a joint team of police have been conducting raids at possible hideouts in Assam over the last couple of weeks.
On Sunday evening, the team conducted a search operation in Gohpur area and rescued the boy and was handed him over to his parents later.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- NSG now 'nine times' stronger; receives technological strength from 12 countries!
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Panel discussion over why SP government is backing Gayatri Prajapati
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- 7th Pay Commission: Allowances committee raises HRA to 30%?
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Virat Kohli becomes first Indian sportsperson to sign Rs 100-crore endorsement deal