Abducted engineer rescued after 25 days
Kokrajhar (Assam): After a 25-day long search operation, the police and security agencies rescued executive engineer Faizur Islam kidnapped by miscreants earlier this month.
Islam was rescued from Salkosa at the trijunction of Kokrajhar, Bongaigaon and Dhubri districts in Lower Assam late last night, the police said.
Islam was admitted to a local hospital in Bongaigaon. His health had deteriorated during his days in captivity, the police said.
Islam and his colleague Gadapani Pathak, engineers in agriculture engineering department and based at Gauripur in Dhubri district, were kidnapped on May 2 by four unidentified armed men at Kakragaon while they were returning to Guwahati from Dhubri in a car.
Pathak, a superintendant engineer, was shot dead by the kidnappers. His body was recovered a day later from Baitamari in Abhayapuri.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Why so much hullabaloo over Aamir's statement, asks Nagma