Abducted Power Grid engineer released
Rangia (Assam): The abducted engineer of Power Grid Corporation Limited has been released by his captors in Kumarikata area of Assam`s Baksa district, police said on Wednesday.
The engineer, Senthela P Raju, was brought from the nearby Bhutan Hills where he was held captive by suspected NDFB militants, to Kumarikata by an armed member of the outfit late last night.
The militant left Raju at Kumarikata who,then boarded a bus and arrived at Goghrachowk in Tamulpur area this morning and informed the police about his release.
Raju told the police that he was taken to the Bhutan hills by the captors and was not subjected to any torture.
He said he was provided with food though he was not allowed to change his dress or take a bath.
Raju said that he was not aware of the reason for his kidnapping though he suspects that it could have been for ransom.
He further said that he was not aware whether the company had paid ransom for his release.
A PGCIL spokesman, however, said that the company did not pay any ransom to the militants.
Raju has been admitted to a hospital for a health check up.
Raju, who hails from Nellore in Andhra Pradesh, was kidnapped on February 15 last from the Power Grid Corporation`s camp at Dhekipota under Goreshwar police station near the Indo-Bhutan border.
The police had arrested seven persons in connection with the kidnapping during the last one week, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- What Muslims think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Martyrs' Day: Nation remembers Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev and Rajguru for their sacrifice
- London terrorist attack leaves five dead, including police officer
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why