Abducted Power Grid engineer released
Rangia (Assam): The abducted engineer of Power Grid Corporation Limited has been released by his captors in Kumarikata area of Assam`s Baksa district, police said on Wednesday.
The engineer, Senthela P Raju, was brought from the nearby Bhutan Hills where he was held captive by suspected NDFB militants, to Kumarikata by an armed member of the outfit late last night.
The militant left Raju at Kumarikata who,then boarded a bus and arrived at Goghrachowk in Tamulpur area this morning and informed the police about his release.
Raju told the police that he was taken to the Bhutan hills by the captors and was not subjected to any torture.
He said he was provided with food though he was not allowed to change his dress or take a bath.
Raju said that he was not aware of the reason for his kidnapping though he suspects that it could have been for ransom.
He further said that he was not aware whether the company had paid ransom for his release.
A PGCIL spokesman, however, said that the company did not pay any ransom to the militants.
Raju has been admitted to a hospital for a health check up.
Raju, who hails from Nellore in Andhra Pradesh, was kidnapped on February 15 last from the Power Grid Corporation`s camp at Dhekipota under Goreshwar police station near the Indo-Bhutan border.
The police had arrested seven persons in connection with the kidnapping during the last one week, the sources added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH