Abhijeet Barman new ULFA `chairman`
Guwahati: The anti-talk faction of ULFA
has appointed Abhijeet Barman, the new `chairman` of the outfit replacing Arabinda Rajkhowa, who is now in peace talks
with the government.
The outfit`s `mobile office` unanimously passed a
resolution appointing Abhijeet Barman the new chairman in
place of Arabinda Rajkhowa as part of reconstitution of the 16-member central committee, the faction`s Information and Publicity in-charge Arunodoy Dohotiya said in an email.
Paresh Barua has given himself both `political and
armed powers` and has been appointed vice-chairman while
retaining his earlier designation of `commander-in-chief`, the
Barua had announced that the committee would be
reconstituted as several top leaders of the earlier one
arrested and later given bail, were currently negotiating with
the government against the constitution of the outfit.
The pro-talk faction led by Arabinda Rajkhowa, however, said Barua, who leads the anti-talk faction and remains elusive, has no authority to constitute a new committee.
The members of the new central committee include
associate general secretary and finance secretary in-charge
Jibon Moran along with two deputy commanders-in-chief Dristi
Rajkhowa and Bijoy Das, beside others.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Hillary Clinton makes history as first woman White House nominee
- Venezuela government seeks to ban opposition over recall 'fraud'
- WHO declares Brazil free of measles
- Lok Sabha passes child labour Bill despite opposition from children's rights activists
- India unlikely to get Kohinoor diamond back, hints UK minister