AGP blames Gogoi govt on law and order
Guwahati: The Assam government has failed to resolve the boundary dispute with Nagaland, the Opposition AGP on Tuesday alleged.
"The boundary dispute between Assam and Nagaland has taken a turn for the worse and armed groups from Nagaland have threatened peace in Merapani area of Golaghat district," AGP General Secretary Kamala Kalita said here.
The Gogoi government has so far not taken any step to bring the situation under control, he said.
A team of AGP leaders, led by the party`s working president Atul Bora, has gone to Dimapur in Nagaland to discuss the matter with civil society organisations there.
"Bora and his team will hold discussion with the Naga Hoho, the apex body of Naga civil society. The AGP is undertaking this mission to bring peace and amity among the two states as Gogoi`s government has ceased to play any effective role," Kalita said.
Citing yesterday`s murder of a woman in Guwahati during a day-time robbery, Kalita said even the city has become unsafe.
"Recent months have seen a spurt in incidents of extortion and other criminal activities but the police have failed to make any breakthrough," he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know