AGP burns effigies of PM and Petroleum Minister
Barpeta (Assam): The opposition Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) Saturday burnt the effigy of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Petroleum Minister S Jaypal Reddy in the district protesting against the steep diesel price hike.
The AGP unit of Barpeta district shouted slogans against the UPA government and demanded roll back of the price hike that will lead to economic hardship of the people.
District AGP president Gunindra Nath Das said "the UPA government does not think about the general people`s problem as the price of all petroleum products and essential goods will naturally rise. The steep price hike will create difficulties for the people of Assam".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for women tourists
- Panel discussion on Mahesh Sharma's controversial safety guidelines for tourist women - Part II
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- HP's privacy screen secures notebooks from visual hacking
- PV Sindhu, Sakshi Malik, Dipa Karmakar, Jitu Rai receive Khel Ratna award
- Significance of why Lord Shiva wears tiger skin! Read more
- Katrina Kaif, Sidharth Malhotra rock 'Baar Baar Dekho' promotions—Watch video!
- Rajnath Singh to head all-party delegation to Kashmir on September 4