AGP burns effigies of PM and Petroleum Minister
Barpeta (Assam): The opposition Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) Saturday burnt the effigy of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Petroleum Minister S Jaypal Reddy in the district protesting against the steep diesel price hike.
The AGP unit of Barpeta district shouted slogans against the UPA government and demanded roll back of the price hike that will lead to economic hardship of the people.
District AGP president Gunindra Nath Das said "the UPA government does not think about the general people`s problem as the price of all petroleum products and essential goods will naturally rise. The steep price hike will create difficulties for the people of Assam".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Maggi samples found unsafe: Delhi government
- DNA: Analysis of Vijay Mallya's 'fund transfer formula'
- IMD forecasts 'deficient' Monsoon, drought-like conditions expected
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing