AGP burns effigies of PM and Petroleum Minister
Barpeta (Assam): The opposition Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) Saturday burnt the effigy of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Petroleum Minister S Jaypal Reddy in the district protesting against the steep diesel price hike.
The AGP unit of Barpeta district shouted slogans against the UPA government and demanded roll back of the price hike that will lead to economic hardship of the people.
District AGP president Gunindra Nath Das said "the UPA government does not think about the general people`s problem as the price of all petroleum products and essential goods will naturally rise. The steep price hike will create difficulties for the people of Assam".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy?
- Why is India indulging in peace talks with Pak despite its terrorism-inducing diplomacy? - Part II
- Top wrestler Narsingh fails dope test, may miss Olympics
- UP: At least 7 children killed as school van collides with train in Bhadohi
- Rajasthan HC acquits Salman Khan in two chinkara poaching cases
- Shoulder injury forces Serena Williams out of Montreal
- England vs Pakistan, 2nd Test: Hosts lead by 489 at 3rd day close
- Kashmir violence: Avoid using pellet guns against protesters as far as possible, Rajnath Singh tells security forces
- Pakistan spinner Mohammad Hafeez to undergo retest on modified bowling action
- Elderly woman found murdered in Delhi