AGP burns effigies of PM and Petroleum Minister
Barpeta (Assam): The opposition Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) Saturday burnt the effigy of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Petroleum Minister S Jaypal Reddy in the district protesting against the steep diesel price hike.
The AGP unit of Barpeta district shouted slogans against the UPA government and demanded roll back of the price hike that will lead to economic hardship of the people.
District AGP president Gunindra Nath Das said "the UPA government does not think about the general people`s problem as the price of all petroleum products and essential goods will naturally rise. The steep price hike will create difficulties for the people of Assam".
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Karnataka, Madhya Pradesh bypoll results: As it happened on November 24
- Intolerance issue: When did ‘Incredible India’ become ‘Intolerant India’, Anupam Kher asks Aamir Khan
- Tirupati, Tirumala rains update: Temple remains open; pilgrims continue to pour in for darshan
- BJP's big poser to Aamir Khan: Is there any better neighbour for Muslims than a Hindu?
- Muslim leader Asaduddin Owaisi says Aamir Khan wrong in wanting to leave India