AGP burns effigies of PM and Petroleum Minister
Barpeta (Assam): The opposition Asom Gana Parishad (AGP) Saturday burnt the effigy of Prime Minister Manmohan Singh and Petroleum Minister S Jaypal Reddy in the district protesting against the steep diesel price hike.
The AGP unit of Barpeta district shouted slogans against the UPA government and demanded roll back of the price hike that will lead to economic hardship of the people.
District AGP president Gunindra Nath Das said "the UPA government does not think about the general people`s problem as the price of all petroleum products and essential goods will naturally rise. The steep price hike will create difficulties for the people of Assam".
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- DNA: Analysis of insensitivity shown by political leaders over rising poverty in India
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city