Agreement with World Bank for Assam road project
Guwahati: The union and Assam governments today entered into a USD 320 million agreement with the World Bank for state roads project.
The loan and project agreements were signed by the Centre, Assam government and World Bank in New Delhi, an official statement here said.
The project will support improvement of priority sections of secondary roads, implementation of Assam`s `Road Sector Modernisation Programme` and development of a multi-sector road safety strategy.
The project will be implemented over a period of six years.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shocking update in Sheena Bora case: Indrani Mukerjea was sexually molested by her father?
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- A peek into Indrani Mukerjea's past
- Ravi Shastri reveals truth behind MS Dhoni's sudden Test retirement!
- NASA completes series of engine tests for next big rocket