AIIMS doctors protest against killing of doc in Assam
New Delhi: Resident doctors at AIIMS on Tuesday observed a `black badge day` to protest the gruesome murder of a postgraduate student of Assam Medical College in hospital`s intensive care unit (ICU) possibly after a failed rape attempt.
The doctors also demanded enhanced security on the hospital premises to prevent any such untoward incident.
"What has happened is unfortunate and raises questions about the safety and security of doctors in the hospital premises. This should be wake up call for the hospital administration and steps should be taken," said RDA general secretary, Dr Shashank Pooniya.
The doctors also submitted a letter to the AIIMS administration in this regard.
Meanwhile, the strike by the junior doctors of the Assam Medical College and Hospital protesting against the incident entered its fourth day today.
Assam health minister announced a CBI probe into the murder of the post-graduate woman medical student inside the ICU of a state run hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH