AIIMS doctors protest against killing of doc in Assam
New Delhi: Resident doctors at AIIMS on Tuesday observed a `black badge day` to protest the gruesome murder of a postgraduate student of Assam Medical College in hospital`s intensive care unit (ICU) possibly after a failed rape attempt.
The doctors also demanded enhanced security on the hospital premises to prevent any such untoward incident.
"What has happened is unfortunate and raises questions about the safety and security of doctors in the hospital premises. This should be wake up call for the hospital administration and steps should be taken," said RDA general secretary, Dr Shashank Pooniya.
The doctors also submitted a letter to the AIIMS administration in this regard.
Meanwhile, the strike by the junior doctors of the Assam Medical College and Hospital protesting against the incident entered its fourth day today.
Assam health minister announced a CBI probe into the murder of the post-graduate woman medical student inside the ICU of a state run hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Florida shooting: Three taken into custody, more suspects sought
- Dope test scandal: After wrestler Narsingh Yadav, shot putter Inderjeet Singh tests positive for banned substance
- Historic solar flight marks first round-the-world journey
- Akshay Kumar’s avatar in John Abraham, Varun Dhawan starrer ‘Dishoom’ will surprise you– See pic
- Bangladesh police storm militant hideout, kill 9 Islamist extremists in Dhaka