AIIMS doctors protest against killing of doc in Assam
New Delhi: Resident doctors at AIIMS on Tuesday observed a `black badge day` to protest the gruesome murder of a postgraduate student of Assam Medical College in hospital`s intensive care unit (ICU) possibly after a failed rape attempt.
The doctors also demanded enhanced security on the hospital premises to prevent any such untoward incident.
"What has happened is unfortunate and raises questions about the safety and security of doctors in the hospital premises. This should be wake up call for the hospital administration and steps should be taken," said RDA general secretary, Dr Shashank Pooniya.
The doctors also submitted a letter to the AIIMS administration in this regard.
Meanwhile, the strike by the junior doctors of the Assam Medical College and Hospital protesting against the incident entered its fourth day today.
Assam health minister announced a CBI probe into the murder of the post-graduate woman medical student inside the ICU of a state run hospital.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi: 8-year-old boy dies after falling into pothole
- Woman commits suicide in UP after posting message on social media
- Nirbhaya gang-rape convict Vinay Sharma attempts suicide in Tihar Jail
- Rajnath Singh, Mehbooba Mufti hold joint press conference on Kashmir violence
- Will appoint nodal officer for Kashmiris: Rajnath Singh
- Iranian Navy in `unsafe` intercept of US destroyer: Defense official
- PM Narendra Modi condemns attack on Kabul`s American University
- Italy earthquake kills 159 as rescuers race to find survivors
- Awwdorable: Vivek Dahiya singing 'Lag Ja Gale' to Divyanka Tripathi will melt your heart – Watch
- Here's PV Sindhu's REPLY to Telangana deputy CM who offered her a 'better coach' than Pullela Gopichand