AIUDF demands deployment of more security forces
Guwahati: The AIUDF on Tuesday demanded deployment of more security forces in trouble-torn Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts (BTAD) and Dhubri district in Assam.
"We urge the government to deploy additional forces and take stern action against miscreants indulging in violence," AIUDF President Badruddin Ajmal said.
"We demand confidence building measures and adequate security so that those in relief camps can return home," Ajmal told reporters here.
Alleging that the government had failed to check the violence, Ajmal demanded that the administration confiscate legal and illegal weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter