AIUDF demands deployment of more security forces
Guwahati: The AIUDF on Tuesday demanded deployment of more security forces in trouble-torn Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts (BTAD) and Dhubri district in Assam.
"We urge the government to deploy additional forces and take stern action against miscreants indulging in violence," AIUDF President Badruddin Ajmal said.
"We demand confidence building measures and adequate security so that those in relief camps can return home," Ajmal told reporters here.
Alleging that the government had failed to check the violence, Ajmal demanded that the administration confiscate legal and illegal weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part II
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop leadership quality in youths? - Part IV
- Will India's strategies change over issues with Pakistan?
- Rahul Singh takes blessings from poor on his B-day
- Dino Morea, Ranbir Kapoor flaunt football skills! - See pics
- BJP to go it alone in UP Assembly polls, Ram temple not to be on poll agenda: Mahesh Sharma
- Thousands flee IS offensive in northern Syria: Monitor
- Flipkart effect: Startups may lose sheen in job market