AIUDF demands deployment of more security forces
Guwahati: The AIUDF on Tuesday demanded deployment of more security forces in trouble-torn Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts (BTAD) and Dhubri district in Assam.
"We urge the government to deploy additional forces and take stern action against miscreants indulging in violence," AIUDF President Badruddin Ajmal said.
"We demand confidence building measures and adequate security so that those in relief camps can return home," Ajmal told reporters here.
Alleging that the government had failed to check the violence, Ajmal demanded that the administration confiscate legal and illegal weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajinikanth's 'Kabali' releases early morning at 6 am in Mumbai!
- Jharkhand: Zee Media honors ten environmentalists with Green Warrior Award
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- ‘Kabali’ mania grips nation: Here’s why Rajinikanth is the one and only Thalaiva
- 1st Test, Day 1: Virat Kohli's brilliant ton puts India on top against West Indies
- Donald Trump accepts Republican nomination, accuses Hillary Clinton of legacy of "death, destruction, terrorism”
- Former Portugal prime minister Guterres front runner to be next UN chief
- Asian markets sink as stimulus hopes rolled back