AIUDF demands deployment of more security forces
Guwahati: The AIUDF on Tuesday demanded deployment of more security forces in trouble-torn Bodoland Territorial Administered Districts (BTAD) and Dhubri district in Assam.
"We urge the government to deploy additional forces and take stern action against miscreants indulging in violence," AIUDF President Badruddin Ajmal said.
"We demand confidence building measures and adequate security so that those in relief camps can return home," Ajmal told reporters here.
Alleging that the government had failed to check the violence, Ajmal demanded that the administration confiscate legal and illegal weapons.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai
- When Kareena Kapoor Khan got 'emotional' while walking Lakme Fashion Week runway
- Two dead, 41 hurt in bus crash involving Louisiana flood-relief volunteers
- Three accused of 2009 Sri Lanka cricket team attack killed, claims Pakistan
- Heart failure among the aged may triple by 2060
- Shahid Kapoor holding his newly born daughter is the cutest thing you will see today! – Pic inside