AIUDF for CBI inquiry into job card anomalies
Karimganj: The opposition All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) has demanded a CBI inquiry into the alleged anomalies and irregularities in job cards in NREGA in Assam`s Cachar district.
A memorandum highlighting the alleged anomalies have been submitted to Union Minister of Panchayat and Rural Development Jairam Ramesh yesterday wherein it was alleged that job cards were issued to householders ensuring them 100 days employment but no jobs were being provided.
Villagers of development blocks of Lakhipur, Binakandi, Banskandi and Rajabazar were enrolled under the job card holders of NREGA-2008-2009 but the cards were left unused.
People were deprived of employment as guaranteed under the scheme and as no employment could be ensured, demand was raised to provide unemployment allowance to the job cards holders without jobs.
Another serious allegation listed was that many householders did not get job cards, for which no plausible explanation was given.
The memorandum also demanded for proper investigation and punishment to the guilty who indulging in the alleged fraud in distribution of job cards and flouted the standing guidelines of the policy.
The memorandum was signed by AIUDF state General Secretary and Katigorah MLA Ataur Rahman and the party`s Lakhipur unit President Chouba Mia and General Secretaries Abdul Malik and Ratan Kahar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- 'Achhe din': Residents of PM Modi's adopted village to get free electricity, work in full swing
- Deepika Padukone, Vin Diesel in first ‘xXx: The Return of Xander Cage’ video – Watch
- Siachen miracle: Lance Naik Koppad's wife terms her husband's 'news of being alive' as 'rebirth for family'
- How Lance Naik Hanumanthappa survived 6 days below 25 feet of snow in Siachen
- See pic: Call for further study after discovery of baboon-like creature on Mars!