AIUDF for CBI inquiry into job card anomalies
Karimganj: The opposition All India United Democratic Front (AIUDF) has demanded a CBI inquiry into the alleged anomalies and irregularities in job cards in NREGA in Assam`s Cachar district.
A memorandum highlighting the alleged anomalies have been submitted to Union Minister of Panchayat and Rural Development Jairam Ramesh yesterday wherein it was alleged that job cards were issued to householders ensuring them 100 days employment but no jobs were being provided.
Villagers of development blocks of Lakhipur, Binakandi, Banskandi and Rajabazar were enrolled under the job card holders of NREGA-2008-2009 but the cards were left unused.
People were deprived of employment as guaranteed under the scheme and as no employment could be ensured, demand was raised to provide unemployment allowance to the job cards holders without jobs.
Another serious allegation listed was that many householders did not get job cards, for which no plausible explanation was given.
The memorandum also demanded for proper investigation and punishment to the guilty who indulging in the alleged fraud in distribution of job cards and flouted the standing guidelines of the policy.
The memorandum was signed by AIUDF state General Secretary and Katigorah MLA Ataur Rahman and the party`s Lakhipur unit President Chouba Mia and General Secretaries Abdul Malik and Ratan Kahar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak - Part II
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi