AIUDF memorandum to Assam CM
Guwahati: Expressing concern over the continuing violence in BTAD area of lower Assam, main opposition AIUDF on Tuesday demanded immediate seizure of all arms, adequate security personnel and immediate rehabilitation of the displaced people.
In a memorandum to Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi, All India United Democratic Front said peace and harmony were still `a far cry` in Bodoland Terrritorial Autonomous Districts inspite of his assurances at a recent all-party meeting and appealed for a political `ceasefire`.
It demanded seizure of all legal and illegal arms from BTAD area and immediate restoration of peace and harmony by stopping killings and violence there.
Demanding safe return of the relief camp inmates to their respective native places with proper security, the minority-dominated party also sought compensation for the affected people.
Adequate supply of food and medicine to all relief camps and maintenance of proper hygienic condition in relief camps were also stressed by it.
The government should make arrangements for the safe return of Assamese students and workers to their respective places of work following the exodus, the party said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!