Akhil Gogoi discharged from hospital
Nalbari(Assam): Team Anna member Akhil Gogoi was discharged on Monday from hospital, where he had been admitted after being allegedly attacked by miscreants on Friday, while he claimed that he had been forcibly evicted from there.
Authorities at the Shaheed Mukunda Kakoti Hospital here said the peasant leader had been released as he had recovered.
Gogoi had earlier said that he wished to be in the hospital till the time all the six accused named by him were arrested.
The Team Anna member blamed the government of turning "a blind eye to the plight of the common people" who had lost their homes in the ongoing flood.
Meanwhile, official sources said the leader is being taken to Guwahati under tight security. A police contingent is accompanying the RTI activist, who is also the general secretary of Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti.
Gogoi was attacked by some miscreants while he had gone to visit flood-hit areas in Punni village under Dharampur Assembly constituency, represented by Assam Agriculture Minister Nilamoni Sen Deka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- India's ceasefire violations threat to regional peace and security: Nawaz Sharif
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?