Akhil Gogoi discharged from hospital
Nalbari(Assam): Team Anna member Akhil Gogoi was discharged on Monday from hospital, where he had been admitted after being allegedly attacked by miscreants on Friday, while he claimed that he had been forcibly evicted from there.
Authorities at the Shaheed Mukunda Kakoti Hospital here said the peasant leader had been released as he had recovered.
Gogoi had earlier said that he wished to be in the hospital till the time all the six accused named by him were arrested.
The Team Anna member blamed the government of turning "a blind eye to the plight of the common people" who had lost their homes in the ongoing flood.
Meanwhile, official sources said the leader is being taken to Guwahati under tight security. A police contingent is accompanying the RTI activist, who is also the general secretary of Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti.
Gogoi was attacked by some miscreants while he had gone to visit flood-hit areas in Punni village under Dharampur Assembly constituency, represented by Assam Agriculture Minister Nilamoni Sen Deka.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 100 cr reward for PM Modi's arrest
- DNA: Captain Saurabh Kalia's torture at the hands of Pakistani Army
- DNA: Govt tests Maggi noodle samples from all states
- Zee Media exclusive interview with victim of Uber molestation
- Jamaat-e-Islami chief announces Rs 1 billion reward for PM Modi's arrest
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- China ship carrying 458 on board sinks in Yangtze River: Five dead, hundreds missing