All ULFA members to adopt `Asom` as new surname
Guwahati: The ULFA`s anti-talk faction on Friday
announced that henceforth all members of the outfit would
adopt `Asom` as their new surname in place of their existing
``All members of the outfit has decided to adopt a common
surname `Asom` from today in the interest of creating a
greater Assamese society``, the faction`s Publicity Incharge
Arunodoy Dohotiya said in an e-mail statement signed as
He said that the outfit was committed to protect the
identity of each and every Assamese and as a step in this
direction, the ULFA`s Central committee has decided to give up
their surnames and adopt `Asom` as their last name.
Henceforth, all ULFA members will have `Asom` as their
surname and Acting Chairman Abhijit Barman will be called
Meanwhile, Acting `Financial Secretary` Jiban Moran
and `Deputy Commander-in-chief` Drishti Rajkhowa have already
changed their surnames and have accordingly printed new letter
pads with their new names, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Rajasthan: Gujjars revive reservation agitation, block rail track
- J Jayalalithaa sworn-in as Chief Minister of Tamil Nadu
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Aspiring for more than what you have!
- ISIS to buy first nuclear weapon from Pak?
- Mumbai: CCTV captures assailant with gun at Film City
- Mathura SSP receives death threat letter, message for PM Modi
- BJP now central pole of Indian politics: Arun Jaitley
- Maharashtra FDA sends Maggi noodles for lab testing
- Watch: Fast N Facts @ 7:30pm
- Haridwar: Hotel Radisson Blu sealed for polluting Ganga
- Delhi: Two killed in road accident in New Ashok Nagar
- Girl in Punjab's Pathankot quit studies for fear of eve-teasing
- Reservation issue: Police register case against Bainsla, 20 others
- Special: Furious over rising water crisis, people take to the streets
- Fiji: Floating island restaurant in middle of ocean
- Goa Board SSC Exam Results 2015 announced
- Rahul Gandhi to pressurise govt to act on one-rank-one-pension issue
- ISIS close to buying nuclear weapon from Pakistan?
- Manohar Parrikar visits forward areas along LoC, reviews security situation
- Credibility of Prime Minister's Office restored by BJP, says Arun Jaitley
- There will be no delay in appointing CIC, CVC: Jitendra Singh
- ISIS justifies raping slave girls, says Michelle Obama is 'worth $40'
- 'Unhappy' Celina Jaitley asks Sunny Leone to move out?
- Arvind Kejriwal to highlight AAP govt's 100 days work on Monday
- IPL 2015 Final: Mumbai Indians vs Chennai Super Kings - Preview
- BJP's plan for one-year celebration: 200 big rallies, 5,000 public meetings
- CBSE Results 2015: 10th board exam results to be declared on May 27
- Heatwave leaves 153 dead in Telangana, Andhra Pradesh
- IPL 8 Final: We need to be at our best against Mumbai, says Michael Hussey
- Jayalalithaa returns as Tamil Nadu CM: As it happened