All ULFA members to adopt `Asom` as new surname
Guwahati: The ULFA`s anti-talk faction on Friday
announced that henceforth all members of the outfit would
adopt `Asom` as their new surname in place of their existing
``All members of the outfit has decided to adopt a common
surname `Asom` from today in the interest of creating a
greater Assamese society``, the faction`s Publicity Incharge
Arunodoy Dohotiya said in an e-mail statement signed as
He said that the outfit was committed to protect the
identity of each and every Assamese and as a step in this
direction, the ULFA`s Central committee has decided to give up
their surnames and adopt `Asom` as their last name.
Henceforth, all ULFA members will have `Asom` as their
surname and Acting Chairman Abhijit Barman will be called
Meanwhile, Acting `Financial Secretary` Jiban Moran
and `Deputy Commander-in-chief` Drishti Rajkhowa have already
changed their surnames and have accordingly printed new letter
pads with their new names, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore