All ULFA members to adopt `Asom` as new surname
Guwahati: The ULFA`s anti-talk faction on Friday
announced that henceforth all members of the outfit would
adopt `Asom` as their new surname in place of their existing
``All members of the outfit has decided to adopt a common
surname `Asom` from today in the interest of creating a
greater Assamese society``, the faction`s Publicity Incharge
Arunodoy Dohotiya said in an e-mail statement signed as
He said that the outfit was committed to protect the
identity of each and every Assamese and as a step in this
direction, the ULFA`s Central committee has decided to give up
their surnames and adopt `Asom` as their last name.
Henceforth, all ULFA members will have `Asom` as their
surname and Acting Chairman Abhijit Barman will be called
Meanwhile, Acting `Financial Secretary` Jiban Moran
and `Deputy Commander-in-chief` Drishti Rajkhowa have already
changed their surnames and have accordingly printed new letter
pads with their new names, the statement added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy?
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part II
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part III
- Does govt want to hike rail ticket in the name of subsidy? Part IV
- Panel discussion over India's bid for NSG
- Watch this interesting movie-like trailer for NASA's Juno mission!
- Subramanian Swamy at it again! Attacks Economic Affairs Secy Shaktikanta Das; Arun Jaitley calls it unfair
- Pakistan-North Korea nuclear trade being tracked by Indian intelligence agencies: Report
- Rousseff ex-minister arrested in Brazil graft probe
- 4,500 people rescued in Mediterranean: Italy coastguard