Anna Hazare to address conclave on influx in Assam
Guwahati: Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare will on Wednesday address a national conclave here on the ways to tackle infiltration from Bangladesh, an activist said here Sunday.
While Hazare has confirmed his participation, former army chief Gen (retd) VK Singh has also expressed his desire to take part in the two-day event, Assam`s Right to Information activist and Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS) general secretary Akhil Gogoi said.
Organised by the KMSS, the conclave will attempt to chalk out a road map to resolve the problem of infiltration from across the Bangladesh border by bringing together various organisations, political parties, leaders, intellectuals and activists on a single platform, he added.
"We are waiting for General (retd) Singh`s confirmation. We are hopeful that the former army chief will take part in the conclave," Gogoi told a news agency.
Activists like Guman Singh and PV Raja Gopal are among those who would participate in the conclave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Brexit 'wake-up call for Europe', says Austrian President Heinz Fischer
- SHOCKING! Islamic State-linked Saudi twin brothers attack own family, stab mother
- Sri Lanka's parliament votes in favour of right to information bill
- WATCH: What a dance! Sizzling performance by IIT-Delhi girls on Sunny Leone's Baby Doll - You'll go mad!
- SHAME! Labourer demands wages; employer beats him to death