Anna Hazare to address conclave on influx in Assam
Guwahati: Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare will on Wednesday address a national conclave here on the ways to tackle infiltration from Bangladesh, an activist said here Sunday.
While Hazare has confirmed his participation, former army chief Gen (retd) VK Singh has also expressed his desire to take part in the two-day event, Assam`s Right to Information activist and Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS) general secretary Akhil Gogoi said.
Organised by the KMSS, the conclave will attempt to chalk out a road map to resolve the problem of infiltration from across the Bangladesh border by bringing together various organisations, political parties, leaders, intellectuals and activists on a single platform, he added.
"We are waiting for General (retd) Singh`s confirmation. We are hopeful that the former army chief will take part in the conclave," Gogoi told a news agency.
Activists like Guman Singh and PV Raja Gopal are among those who would participate in the conclave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Congress workers blow up pigeons by blasting them inside rockets
- Dadri lynching: Rahul Gandhi reaches Dadri, meets victim Iqlakh's family
- Dadri lynching: Prime accused's father refutes allegations; says son is innocent
- Indrani Mukerjea regains consciousness, out of danger, says hospital
- Russia bombs ISIS headquarters in Syria, video goes viral on internet - Watch
- In Pics: Indian Super League 2015 opening ceremony!
- Dadri lynching case: Sadhvi Prachi makes provocative remark, says beef-eaters deserve such fate
- Read: What Salman Khan has to say about Akshay's 'Singh Is Bliing'