Anna Hazare to address conclave on influx in Assam
Guwahati: Anti-corruption activist Anna Hazare will on Wednesday address a national conclave here on the ways to tackle infiltration from Bangladesh, an activist said here Sunday.
While Hazare has confirmed his participation, former army chief Gen (retd) VK Singh has also expressed his desire to take part in the two-day event, Assam`s Right to Information activist and Krishak Mukti Sangram Samiti (KMSS) general secretary Akhil Gogoi said.
Organised by the KMSS, the conclave will attempt to chalk out a road map to resolve the problem of infiltration from across the Bangladesh border by bringing together various organisations, political parties, leaders, intellectuals and activists on a single platform, he added.
"We are waiting for General (retd) Singh`s confirmation. We are hopeful that the former army chief will take part in the conclave," Gogoi told a news agency.
Activists like Guman Singh and PV Raja Gopal are among those who would participate in the conclave.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Rahul Gandhi's and Congress' Twitter accounts hacked: Who's behind it?
- Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle hacked again
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 4.7 crore cash in Rs 2000 notes! Biggest seizure in new currency post demonetisation - What I-T recovered from Bengaluru, Chennai and Erode
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Scam? 'Aam Aadmi Party using Delhi Transport Corporation to exchange Rs 500, Rs 1,000 notes'