Another body recovered, toll goes up to 46 in Assam attacks
Barpeta: One more body was on Monday recovered in Baksa district, taking the toll to 46 in attacks in the BTAD areas allegedly carried out by miscreants of Congress` ally Bodoland People`s Front (BPF).
The body of a 65-year-old lady, identified as Mosa Bhanu, was fished out from the Beki river in Narayanguri of Baksa district, an senior official said.
With today`s recovery, the total number of dead in the two-day attack since May 1 in Baksa and Kokrajhar districts of Bodoland Territorial Area Districts (BTAD) has gone up to 46.
While 39 were killed in Narayanguri, Khagrabari and Narsingbari villages of Baksa district, seven died in Kokrajhar.
Situation is gradually returning to normal with the administration taking every possible step to rehabilitate the inmates of the relief camp in Bhangarpar in Baksa, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- CM Yogi’s cleanliness drive: UP cops clean up police stations
- Do not put unnecessary pressure on police: PM Modi tells UP BJP MPs
- 400 Trinamool Congress members including many TMC stalwarts join BJP in Tripura
- Hukumdev Narain Yadav to be new Vice-President of India?
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister