Another body recovered, toll goes up to 46 in Assam attacks
Barpeta: One more body was on Monday recovered in Baksa district, taking the toll to 46 in attacks in the BTAD areas allegedly carried out by miscreants of Congress` ally Bodoland People`s Front (BPF).
The body of a 65-year-old lady, identified as Mosa Bhanu, was fished out from the Beki river in Narayanguri of Baksa district, an senior official said.
With today`s recovery, the total number of dead in the two-day attack since May 1 in Baksa and Kokrajhar districts of Bodoland Territorial Area Districts (BTAD) has gone up to 46.
While 39 were killed in Narayanguri, Khagrabari and Narsingbari villages of Baksa district, seven died in Kokrajhar.
Situation is gradually returning to normal with the administration taking every possible step to rehabilitate the inmates of the relief camp in Bhangarpar in Baksa, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dadri lynching: Is Kejriwal spreading poison between Hindus and Muslims?
- Lalu Prasad calls beef eating people uncultured
- Why did Indrani Mukerjea attempt suicide?
- Dadri lynching: Locals stop Arvind Kejriwal from entering Bisara village
- Muslims asked to sprinkle cow urine on body in order to be part of Garba festivities
- Sonia begins Bihar polls campaining; accuses PM Modi of 'narrow-mindedness'
- Salman Khan’s ‘Prem Ratan Dhan Payo’ trailer creates a record!
- Indrani Mukerjea's FSL report rules out drug overdose, says no chemicals found in stomach wash
- Lynching case in Dadri: Rahul meets victim Iqlakh's family, says touched by people's desire to maintain harmony
- Muslims banned from Garba in Gujarat's Mandvi; Hindus asked to sprinkle cow urine on themselves