Another body recovered, toll goes up to 46 in Assam attacks
Barpeta: One more body was on Monday recovered in Baksa district, taking the toll to 46 in attacks in the BTAD areas allegedly carried out by miscreants of Congress` ally Bodoland People`s Front (BPF).
The body of a 65-year-old lady, identified as Mosa Bhanu, was fished out from the Beki river in Narayanguri of Baksa district, an senior official said.
With today`s recovery, the total number of dead in the two-day attack since May 1 in Baksa and Kokrajhar districts of Bodoland Territorial Area Districts (BTAD) has gone up to 46.
While 39 were killed in Narayanguri, Khagrabari and Narsingbari villages of Baksa district, seven died in Kokrajhar.
Situation is gradually returning to normal with the administration taking every possible step to rehabilitate the inmates of the relief camp in Bhangarpar in Baksa, he claimed.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- India to activate lazer walls on LOC to stop infiltration
- India- America joint military exercise begins in Ranikhet
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Five takeaways from Sushma Swaraj's speech at UN General Assembly
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details
- REALITY CHECK of WhatsApp message: How common man can sign petition to declare Pakistan a terror state