Another molestation in Assam, allegedly by Army jawans
Sibsagar (Assam): Close on the heels of molestation of a girl in Guwahati that generated national outcry, a teenager met the same fate allegedly at the hands of Army jawans in Assam`s Sibsagar district, police said on Saturday.
A team of Army personnel headed by Lance Naik were on patrol duty near a forest in Dolopa where they spotted a teenaged girl collecting firewood, Sibsagar additional superintendent of police S K Dutta said.
When Naik and his team allegedly tried to molest her in the forest, the girl created a furore which was heard by the nearby local villagers who rushed to the spot and managed to free the girl from the armymen clutches, Dutta said.
The Army personnel posted in the Nitaipukhuri camp managed to flee from the spot.
The area is flood prone and militant-infested for which the camp of the army was set up.
Army sources, when contacted, said that there was no information on the matter with them.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter
- Know box-office report of Saif-Katrina's 'Phantom'
- Ten interesting facts about hockey legend Dhyan Chand