Another molestation in Assam, allegedly by Army jawans
Sibsagar (Assam): Close on the heels of molestation of a girl in Guwahati that generated national outcry, a teenager met the same fate allegedly at the hands of Army jawans in Assam`s Sibsagar district, police said on Saturday.
A team of Army personnel headed by Lance Naik were on patrol duty near a forest in Dolopa where they spotted a teenaged girl collecting firewood, Sibsagar additional superintendent of police S K Dutta said.
When Naik and his team allegedly tried to molest her in the forest, the girl created a furore which was heard by the nearby local villagers who rushed to the spot and managed to free the girl from the armymen clutches, Dutta said.
The Army personnel posted in the Nitaipukhuri camp managed to flee from the spot.
The area is flood prone and militant-infested for which the camp of the army was set up.
Army sources, when contacted, said that there was no information on the matter with them.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'