Anti-talk faction `removes` Rajkhowa as Chairman
Guwahati: The ULFA`s anti-talk faction on Wednesday `removed` Arabinda Rajkhowa as its chairman and `appointed` acting chairman Abhijit Asom as its new leader.
"We are confident that under the leadership of the new Chairman, the outfit will make great strides and help in fulfilling the aspirations of the people of Assam", anti-talk faction`s publicity in-charge Arunodoy Asom said in a statement e-mailed to a news agency.
"We had made a sincere appeal to Rajkhowa to return to the outfit and give up his alliance with the government forces ... but there was no response from his side", he said.
The outfit had fixed July 29, 2012 as a deadline for Rajkhowa to return to the outfit.
Rajkhowa along with several top leaders of the outfit had participated in negotiations with the Centre to bring peace to Assam which was opposed by the anti-talk faction, led by ULFA`s commander-in-chief Paresh Barua.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Entire Indian force can't defend Kashmir from terrorists: Farooq Abdullah
- Woman cop transferred within 24 hours of spat with Haryana minister Anil Vij
- It's a reality, Muslim youths from South India more attracted to ISIS: Kiren Rijiju
- PM Narendra Modi meets journalists at Diwali Milan
- Sheena Bora murder: Why did Indrani send servant to Kolkata to get illegal drugs?