Anti-talk faction `removes` Rajkhowa as Chairman
Guwahati: The ULFA`s anti-talk faction on Wednesday `removed` Arabinda Rajkhowa as its chairman and `appointed` acting chairman Abhijit Asom as its new leader.
"We are confident that under the leadership of the new Chairman, the outfit will make great strides and help in fulfilling the aspirations of the people of Assam", anti-talk faction`s publicity in-charge Arunodoy Asom said in a statement e-mailed to a news agency.
"We had made a sincere appeal to Rajkhowa to return to the outfit and give up his alliance with the government forces ... but there was no response from his side", he said.
The outfit had fixed July 29, 2012 as a deadline for Rajkhowa to return to the outfit.
Rajkhowa along with several top leaders of the outfit had participated in negotiations with the Centre to bring peace to Assam which was opposed by the anti-talk faction, led by ULFA`s commander-in-chief Paresh Barua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- FORMER PRESIDENT OF INDIA APJ ABDUL KALAM PASSES AWAY
- Politicos mourn death of former president APJ Abdul Kalam, hail him as 'Missile Man of India'
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- SC hearing on 1993 Mumbai blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative plea
- Bollywood pays respect to Dr APJ Abdul Kalam