Arms, ammunition recovered; 4 militants caught
Diphu: Arms and ammunition, including AK series rifles, were recovered by police in Assam`s Karbi Anglong district on Thursday and four militants of the United Kuki Defence Army (UKDA) arrested in this connection.
Superintendent of Police (Karbi Anglong) BB Chetri said, "We have recovered one each of AK-56, AK-47, M-16 and M-15 rifles and 1000 pieces of ammunition from a car at 2 am".
These were recovered at Khotkhoti check gate under Khotkhoti police station during a routine search operation.
The arms and ammunition were kept concealed inside boxes, Chetri said.
The UKDA did not deposit these weapons and ammunition to the authorities at the time of its surrender this year but had kept them hidden underground at Saijang in the district, he said.
The arms were being taken to a Manipur-based underground outfit, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram; PM Modi to attend
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Has President Pranab Mukherjee rejected Yakub Memon's mercy plea?
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- People storm to watch Salman Khan's 'Bajrangi Bhaijaan' in Pakistan, leave hall teary-eyed