Arms, ammunition recovered; 4 militants caught
Diphu: Arms and ammunition, including AK series rifles, were recovered by police in Assam`s Karbi Anglong district on Thursday and four militants of the United Kuki Defence Army (UKDA) arrested in this connection.
Superintendent of Police (Karbi Anglong) BB Chetri said, "We have recovered one each of AK-56, AK-47, M-16 and M-15 rifles and 1000 pieces of ammunition from a car at 2 am".
These were recovered at Khotkhoti check gate under Khotkhoti police station during a routine search operation.
The arms and ammunition were kept concealed inside boxes, Chetri said.
The UKDA did not deposit these weapons and ammunition to the authorities at the time of its surrender this year but had kept them hidden underground at Saijang in the district, he said.
The arms were being taken to a Manipur-based underground outfit, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi Police arrests AAP MLA in the middle of press conference
- Pak grants 91-year-old Indian's last wish - a trip to his ‘ancestral home’
- Bihar: Acid attack on girl in Aurangabad district, victim critical
- MP: Dalit families migrating from village due to hooligans
- Is there any political clash between Akhilesh Yadav and Shivpal Yadav?
- Eight killed, seven injured after jeep falls into deep gorge in Uttarakhand's Tehri Garhwal
- Masked men raise Pakistan, ISIS flags in Kashmir; stones pelted at policemen
- West Virginia floods: 20 dead, several stranded - Damage is widespread and devastating
- US Senator praises NSG after India failed to get membership
- England vs Sri Lanka, 2nd ODI: Alex Hales, Jason Roy power hosts to crushing win