Arms, ammunition recovered; 4 militants caught
Diphu: Arms and ammunition, including AK series rifles, were recovered by police in Assam`s Karbi Anglong district on Thursday and four militants of the United Kuki Defence Army (UKDA) arrested in this connection.
Superintendent of Police (Karbi Anglong) BB Chetri said, "We have recovered one each of AK-56, AK-47, M-16 and M-15 rifles and 1000 pieces of ammunition from a car at 2 am".
These were recovered at Khotkhoti check gate under Khotkhoti police station during a routine search operation.
The arms and ammunition were kept concealed inside boxes, Chetri said.
The UKDA did not deposit these weapons and ammunition to the authorities at the time of its surrender this year but had kept them hidden underground at Saijang in the district, he said.
The arms were being taken to a Manipur-based underground outfit, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Beaten by mob in Kolkata, US NRI vows never to return in India
- When will democracy get freedom from dynasty politics?
- Delhi: Taxi driver dies as BMW rams into car near IIT
- DNA: Has bad time started for American 'media' after Donald Trump became US President?
- DNA: Analyzing the role of Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose in Indian Independence
- WATCH: Epic Staredown between Goldberg, The Undertaker and Brock Lesnar at WWE Raw
- Jallikattu stir: As it happened on Monday
- Naresh Agrawal breaks silence on leaving Akhilesh Yadav-led Samajwadi Party and joining BJP
- International Space Station – When, where and how to spot ISS
- Reliance Jio impact: Bharti Airtel Q3 net profit dips 54% to Rs 503.7 crore