Arms, ammunition recovered; 4 militants caught
Diphu: Arms and ammunition, including AK series rifles, were recovered by police in Assam`s Karbi Anglong district on Thursday and four militants of the United Kuki Defence Army (UKDA) arrested in this connection.
Superintendent of Police (Karbi Anglong) BB Chetri said, "We have recovered one each of AK-56, AK-47, M-16 and M-15 rifles and 1000 pieces of ammunition from a car at 2 am".
These were recovered at Khotkhoti check gate under Khotkhoti police station during a routine search operation.
The arms and ammunition were kept concealed inside boxes, Chetri said.
The UKDA did not deposit these weapons and ammunition to the authorities at the time of its surrender this year but had kept them hidden underground at Saijang in the district, he said.
The arms were being taken to a Manipur-based underground outfit, the SP said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- At 500 kilograms, is this 36-year-old the world's heaviest woman?