Arms cache recovered in Assam
Haflong (Assam): Assam Rifles personnel recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition from Dima Hasao Hills district of Assam in the wee hours on Sunday.
Officials said the arms were recovered under a tree near railway tracks at Natun Basti area under Haflong police station.
Acting on intelligence feedback, personnel from 25th Assam Rifles recovered 100 gelatine sticks, 40 detonators, two Chinese grenades, 973 rounds of bullets of various calibre, one improvised explosive device and three country-made revolvers.
It is suspected that the arms were meant for distribution among militant groups active in the district. No arrests have been made so far in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Mother beats her infant son in Bareilly, tries to strangulate him
- Women can enter inner sanctorum of Haji Ali Dargah: Mumbai HC
- Watch: PM Modi's speech on Transforming India at NITI Aayog
- Mysterious fever claims 12 lives in Noida within 15 days
- Panel discussion on Mumbai HC allowing women to enter Haji Ali Dargah
- 2nd Test, Centurion: South Africa vs New Zealand - Preview
- US Open 2016: Serena Williams shoulders burden of history at Flushing Meadows
- Shahid Kapoor opens up about his Bollywood struggle! - Read more
- WATCH: Mother mercilessly beats her infant son, tries to strangulate him in Bareilly
- Premier League 2016-17: Gameweek 3 - Preview