Arms cache recovered in Assam
Haflong (Assam): Assam Rifles personnel recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition from Dima Hasao Hills district of Assam in the wee hours on Sunday.
Officials said the arms were recovered under a tree near railway tracks at Natun Basti area under Haflong police station.
Acting on intelligence feedback, personnel from 25th Assam Rifles recovered 100 gelatine sticks, 40 detonators, two Chinese grenades, 973 rounds of bullets of various calibre, one improvised explosive device and three country-made revolvers.
It is suspected that the arms were meant for distribution among militant groups active in the district. No arrests have been made so far in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees
- Cabinet meeting on 7th Pay Commission may approve higher salaries for govt employees - Part II
- Monsoon havoc: Delhi lacks proper drainage system
- SC rejects plea seeking ban on WhatsApp messaging app
- 7th Pay Commission: Cabinet approves pay hike for govt employees
- Queen Elizabeth in line for pay rise
- Top six excuses man gives to REJECT woman’s proposal
- Atmosphere of ancient Mars had high levels of oxygen: NASA
- Shiv Sena mocks Amit Shah on 'Sholay' posters, BJP warns of `fitting reply`
- Tired of an unruly mane? Watch how to keep hair your straight all day long!