Arms cache recovered in Assam
Haflong (Assam): Assam Rifles personnel recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition from Dima Hasao Hills district of Assam in the wee hours on Sunday.
Officials said the arms were recovered under a tree near railway tracks at Natun Basti area under Haflong police station.
Acting on intelligence feedback, personnel from 25th Assam Rifles recovered 100 gelatine sticks, 40 detonators, two Chinese grenades, 973 rounds of bullets of various calibre, one improvised explosive device and three country-made revolvers.
It is suspected that the arms were meant for distribution among militant groups active in the district. No arrests have been made so far in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city