Arms cache recovered in Assam
Haflong (Assam): Assam Rifles personnel recovered a huge cache of arms and ammunition from Dima Hasao Hills district of Assam in the wee hours on Sunday.
Officials said the arms were recovered under a tree near railway tracks at Natun Basti area under Haflong police station.
Acting on intelligence feedback, personnel from 25th Assam Rifles recovered 100 gelatine sticks, 40 detonators, two Chinese grenades, 973 rounds of bullets of various calibre, one improvised explosive device and three country-made revolvers.
It is suspected that the arms were meant for distribution among militant groups active in the district. No arrests have been made so far in the case.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested