Army Chief reviews counter-insurgency operations in Assam
Kolkata: Army Chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag on Monday reviewed counter-insurgency operations in Assam during a visit to the Northeastern state.
Singh visited an infantry division of the Army in central Assam overseeing among other things counter-insurgency operations in the state, Defence PRO Group Captain TK Singha said.
He was updated on operational preparedness and readiness status by GOC-in-C, Eastern Command, Lt Gen MMS Rai and GOC Gajraj Corps, Lt Gen AK Ahuja.
The Army chief also addressed officers of the Eastern Command in Kolkata and Tezpur where he outlined his priorities and expectations from his officers and troops in fulfilling the mandate of safeguarding the frontiers of our nation at all costs.
"On taking over as the Army Chief earlier this month, General Dalbir Singh Suhag had set forth an agenda of ensuring high levels of preparedness and vigil by own troops along northern and north-eastern frontiers at all times," Singha said.
The Army Chief, who intended to visit some of the forward areas in the northern area of responsibility of Army`s 4 Corps under Eastern Command, was forced to abandon the plans today due to inclement weather, he said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is this for real: Ajinkya Rahane bizarre shot went for six, concerned Virat Kohli settles with smile — WATCH
- WATCH: Tom Latham takes IMPOSSIBLE catch to dismiss Faf du Plessis
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply