Army Chief reviews counter-insurgency operations in Assam
Kolkata: Army Chief General Dalbir Singh Suhag on Monday reviewed counter-insurgency operations in Assam during a visit to the Northeastern state.
Singh visited an infantry division of the Army in central Assam overseeing among other things counter-insurgency operations in the state, Defence PRO Group Captain TK Singha said.
He was updated on operational preparedness and readiness status by GOC-in-C, Eastern Command, Lt Gen MMS Rai and GOC Gajraj Corps, Lt Gen AK Ahuja.
The Army chief also addressed officers of the Eastern Command in Kolkata and Tezpur where he outlined his priorities and expectations from his officers and troops in fulfilling the mandate of safeguarding the frontiers of our nation at all costs.
"On taking over as the Army Chief earlier this month, General Dalbir Singh Suhag had set forth an agenda of ensuring high levels of preparedness and vigil by own troops along northern and north-eastern frontiers at all times," Singha said.
The Army Chief, who intended to visit some of the forward areas in the northern area of responsibility of Army`s 4 Corps under Eastern Command, was forced to abandon the plans today due to inclement weather, he said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'