Army jawan killed in encounter with NDFB in Assam
Guwahati: An Indian army soldier was killed in a gun battle with militants of the anti-talk faction of the National Democratic Front of Bodoland (NDFB) in Assam`s Sonitpur district Wednesday, officials said.
The incident took place at a remote area called Chariduar, along the Assam-Arunachal Pradesh border, officials said.
An army spokesman based in Guwahati confirmed the incident, and said militants had fired upon a routine patrol of the army in the area, leading to a gun battle. "One of the bullets hit a jawan," the army spokesman said.
The forces, however, could manage to apprehend one of the militants while the rest of the group managed to escape, he said.
The deceased jawan was identified as Raju Kumar of 7 Bihar Regiment.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Explosive photos and phone conversation – How Mikhail plans to expose Indrani Mukerjea
- Arvind Kejriwal in Bihar, shown black flags at Patna airport
- After daughter Sheena, Indrani Mukerjea planned to kill son Mikhail?
- Sheena murder case: Rahul Mukerjea being questioned at undisclosed location
- Sheena Bora was introduced to me as aunt: Indrani Mukerjea-Sanjeev Khanna's daughter Vidhie