Army man killed, six injured in Assam blast
Guwahati: An Army man was killed and six others were injured when suspected militants triggered a powerful bomb blast in Goalpara district of Assam on Tuesday, said police.
Police officials suspect it to be an IED blast triggered by a remote control device.
The incident took place in Bamunghopa near the Panchratna area of Goalpara district.
Defence spokesman Lt Col SS Phogat confirmed the incident and said while one of the Army personnel died on the spot, six others were seriously injured. All the injured were shifted to the Army`s Base Hospital in Guwahati.
Phogat, however, refused to name of the personnel who died.
He said the incident took place when the Army convoy was moving from Kokrajhar to Agia in Goalpara.
The attack took place at a time when Union Home Minister P Chidambaram visited some relief camps in Dhubri district close to Goalpara in the morning.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How to develop good communication skills for a successful life?
- Curfew lifted from 4 districts of Kashmir valley
- Recently launched Pokemon Go gaining extreme popularity among users
- Rajnath Singh meets J&K CM Mehbooba Mufti to discuss current situation in valley
- AAP MLA Amantulla Khan arrested for misbehaving with a woman
- After Gujarat, Dalits attacked in Karnataka's Chikkamagaluru for storing beef; seven Bajrang Dal activists booked
- Nora Fatehi not happy with Salman Yusuf Khan's entry in 'Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa 9'?
- This herbal combo packs powerful punch against colon cancer
- Twist in tale! Lalit Modi to install son Ruchir as Rajasthan Cricket Association boss
- 225 killed or missing in China torrential rains; 2.5 lakh people trapped