Army officer fined for smoking in Assam
Jorhat (Assam): An Army officer of the Jorhat Military Station at Lichubari has been fined for lighting up in a no smoking zone at the deputy commissioner`s office here, official said on Saturday.
Colonel Parveen Heech was first spotted smoking by Jorhat Deputy Commissioner Ramesh Chand Jain and then again in the office yesterday where `no smoking` was written in bold red letters, they said.
The Jorhat district Tobacco Control Cell (TCC) then fined him Rs 500, the sources said.
Jain said the Army officer responded positively and admitted his mistake and immediately paid the fine. He was given a receipt issued by the TCC.
The TCC at Jorhat has received Rs 40,000 as fines since 2012.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Kalam's advisor recalls his last moments with the great scientist
- To Sir with Love: School kids pay tribute to Dr Kalam
- DNA: Complete analysis of APJ Abdul Kalam's life and achievements
- 6 leaders were in contact with Dawood Ibrahim till 26/11: Report
- Kalam's body flown to Delhi; PM, Prez lead nation in paying homage
- When UN declared Dr APJ Abdul Kalam's 79th birthday as World Students' Day
- India's 'original rocket man': Abdul Kalam's phenomenal contribution to Science
- Ready to see Shah Rukh-Salman together on-screen?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral: Why Rameswaram was chosen over New Delhi?
- APJ Abdul Kalam's funeral to be held in Rameswaram on July 30