Army stages flag march, curfew relaxed in Dhubri
Dhubri: The army flag marched Dhubri town as curfew was relaxed for 12 hours from 5:00 am with no fresh incident reported as Eid-ul-Zuha was observed peacefully.
The army was on flag march, particularly in sensitive areas, since early morning in the town, official sources said.
The curfew was relaxed for people to offer prayers in the idgahs and mosques on Eid and celebrate the festival, the sources said.
The situation was under control, they said.
Curfew was imposed on Thursday night at 9:00 pm following a clash in which three persons were injured when a group of people were returning after immersing the idol of Goddess Durga in the Brahmaputra.
Curfew was also imposed earlier on Wednesday for 12 hours from 5:00 am following clashes after the stabbing of a Durga Puja pandal decorator in IG Road area on Tuesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- LIVE: Five nations pull out of SAARC Summit to express solidarity with India over Uri attack
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof