Army stages flag march, curfew relaxed in Dhubri
Dhubri: The army flag marched Dhubri town as curfew was relaxed for 12 hours from 5:00 am with no fresh incident reported as Eid-ul-Zuha was observed peacefully.
The army was on flag march, particularly in sensitive areas, since early morning in the town, official sources said.
The curfew was relaxed for people to offer prayers in the idgahs and mosques on Eid and celebrate the festival, the sources said.
The situation was under control, they said.
Curfew was imposed on Thursday night at 9:00 pm following a clash in which three persons were injured when a group of people were returning after immersing the idol of Goddess Durga in the Brahmaputra.
Curfew was also imposed earlier on Wednesday for 12 hours from 5:00 am following clashes after the stabbing of a Durga Puja pandal decorator in IG Road area on Tuesday night.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Turkey has the right to defend its airspace, says Obama
- J&K: Terrorists attack Army camp at Tangdhar near LoC
- Proud to be an Indian, no plans to leave the country, says Aamir Khan
- Rahul Gandhi's embarrassment in front of Bengaluru college students
- Panel discussion on Aamir Khan's ignorance on Kashmiri Pandits
- Intolerance issue: Proud to be Indian, won't leave country, says Aamir Khan
- Watch: Chicago cop shoots a 17-year-old black man 16 times
- Army camp attacked in J&K's Kupwara; three JeM terrorists, one civilian killed
- WATCH: Rahul Gandhi asks 'Is Swachh Bharat working', Mount Carmel girls yell 'Yessss'
- Aamir Khan's 12-day mystery: From lauding Modi's 'positive India' to dubbing India as 'intolerant'