Army stages flag march, curfew relaxed in Dhubri
Dhubri: The army flag marched Dhubri town as curfew was relaxed for 12 hours from 5:00 am with no fresh incident reported as Eid-ul-Zuha was observed peacefully.
The army was on flag march, particularly in sensitive areas, since early morning in the town, official sources said.
The curfew was relaxed for people to offer prayers in the idgahs and mosques on Eid and celebrate the festival, the sources said.
The situation was under control, they said.
Curfew was imposed on Thursday night at 9:00 pm following a clash in which three persons were injured when a group of people were returning after immersing the idol of Goddess Durga in the Brahmaputra.
Curfew was also imposed earlier on Wednesday for 12 hours from 5:00 am following clashes after the stabbing of a Durga Puja pandal decorator in IG Road area on Tuesday night.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of public pulse through survey by Zee News on Bihar elections
- DNA: End of ISIS? Vladimir Putin to send 1,50,000 soldiers to Syria
- Panel discussion on Muslim vote bank in Bihar elections
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- BJP-led NDA predicted to win 147 seats in Bihar Assembly Elections: Survey
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country would not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- Can Lalu Prasad Yadav's elder son Tej be less in age than younger son Tejaswi?