Arrangements for load-shedding free pujas in Tripura
Agartala: The Tripura government has made arrangements for keeping the state free from load-shedding during the Durga Puja celebrations, Power minister Manik De said on Monday.
"During Durga Puja we need around 280 MW when our own generation is 113 MW. We have made arrangements for getting power from Meghalaya, Mizoram and the Central sector," De told reporters here.
"We hope our endeavour of keeping the period load-shedding free will be successful," he said.
Arrangements for load-shedding free pujas in Tripura De said that Mizoram and Meghalaya have agreed to give 25 MW and 20 MW respectively from October 10 to 19 and the same quantum of power would be returned to them during Christmas.
He said, the state would receive 70 MW as its own share from the central sector and buy 60 MW from it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- DNA: Analysis over who is responsible for tense condition of Kashmir after Burhan Wani's death?
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Anna Hazare flaunts his swag on 'The Kapil Sharma Show', no kidding! - Pic inside