Arrangements for load-shedding free pujas in Tripura
Agartala: The Tripura government has made arrangements for keeping the state free from load-shedding during the Durga Puja celebrations, Power minister Manik De said on Monday.
"During Durga Puja we need around 280 MW when our own generation is 113 MW. We have made arrangements for getting power from Meghalaya, Mizoram and the Central sector," De told reporters here.
"We hope our endeavour of keeping the period load-shedding free will be successful," he said.
Arrangements for load-shedding free pujas in Tripura De said that Mizoram and Meghalaya have agreed to give 25 MW and 20 MW respectively from October 10 to 19 and the same quantum of power would be returned to them during Christmas.
He said, the state would receive 70 MW as its own share from the central sector and buy 60 MW from it.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Outrage over Tanmay Bhatt's video mocking Lata Mangeshkar, Sachin Tendulkar
- VHP's women wing Durga Vahini gives arms training to children!
- Heavy rain disrupts flight operations in Delhi
- MP: Liquor mafia attacks police, journalists with weapons
- Attack on African nationals: Gen VK Singh slammed for his statement
- Good news for Rail Passengers! No service charge on ticket booked through card from June 1
- Japan keen to invest in India’s infrastructure growth story: Finance Minister
- People have figured out: Liam Hemsworth on reunion with Miley
- Afghan govt seeks extension for refugees to stay in Pakistan
- Asus Zenfone 3 series to be launched in India today