Arrested BPF MLA granted bail
Guwahati: Bodoland Peoples` Front (BPF) MLA Pradeep Brahma, arrested in connection with the recent riots in BTAD, has been granted bail by Gauhati High Court.
Brahma, who is lodged in Kokrajhar jail, was granted bail yesterday in all cases filed against him against two sureties of Rs 30,000 each.
The High Court asked Brahma to deposit his passport at the sub-divisional judicial magistrate`s court in Kokrajhar and take permission of the concerned magistrate before visiting the place where violence in Kokrajhar. It also directed him to cooperate with the police in case of further investigations.
The process to get him released from jail has been initiated today and Brahma is likely to be released either this evening or tomorrow, his counsel Arshad Choudhury said.
Brahma was arrested on August 22 night from his residence at Dotoma in Kokrajhar district on charges of inciting mob violence during the recent flare-up in Bodoland Territorial Autonomous Districts.
He was arrested on the basis of seven FIRs lodged against him at Dotoma and Fakiragram police stations in Kokrajhar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India mourns Lance Naik Hanumanthappa Koppad's death: Who said what
- ISI trains JeM, LeT terrorists: Former Pak president Pervez Musharraf
- Came to Mumbai from Pakistan to select 26/11 attack sites, David Headley tells Mumbai court
- 'Afzal Guru amar rahe', 'Kashmir lekar rahenge' slogans raised at Press Club of India
- Siachen braveheart loses battle for life; India pays homage to Lance Naik Hanumanthappa, PM Modi 'devastated'