Arrested BPF MLA granted bail
Guwahati: Bodoland Peoples` Front (BPF) MLA Pradeep Brahma, arrested in connection with the recent riots in BTAD, has been granted bail by Gauhati High Court.
Brahma, who is lodged in Kokrajhar jail, was granted bail yesterday in all cases filed against him against two sureties of Rs 30,000 each.
The High Court asked Brahma to deposit his passport at the sub-divisional judicial magistrate`s court in Kokrajhar and take permission of the concerned magistrate before visiting the place where violence in Kokrajhar. It also directed him to cooperate with the police in case of further investigations.
The process to get him released from jail has been initiated today and Brahma is likely to be released either this evening or tomorrow, his counsel Arshad Choudhury said.
Brahma was arrested on August 22 night from his residence at Dotoma in Kokrajhar district on charges of inciting mob violence during the recent flare-up in Bodoland Territorial Autonomous Districts.
He was arrested on the basis of seven FIRs lodged against him at Dotoma and Fakiragram police stations in Kokrajhar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Good news bookworms! 22nd Delhi Book Fair begins on Saturday
- Zika virus may spread sexually from asymptomatic man to woman, claims study
- Delhi constable murder: All three culprits arrested
- Now KRK gets in on the act, blasts Piers Morgan for tweeting about PM Modi
- Seven killed in road accident in Uttar Pradesh's Ambedkarnagar