Arrested BPF MLA granted bail
Guwahati: Bodoland Peoples` Front (BPF) MLA Pradeep Brahma, arrested in connection with the recent riots in BTAD, has been granted bail by Gauhati High Court.
Brahma, who is lodged in Kokrajhar jail, was granted bail yesterday in all cases filed against him against two sureties of Rs 30,000 each.
The High Court asked Brahma to deposit his passport at the sub-divisional judicial magistrate`s court in Kokrajhar and take permission of the concerned magistrate before visiting the place where violence in Kokrajhar. It also directed him to cooperate with the police in case of further investigations.
The process to get him released from jail has been initiated today and Brahma is likely to be released either this evening or tomorrow, his counsel Arshad Choudhury said.
Brahma was arrested on August 22 night from his residence at Dotoma in Kokrajhar district on charges of inciting mob violence during the recent flare-up in Bodoland Territorial Autonomous Districts.
He was arrested on the basis of seven FIRs lodged against him at Dotoma and Fakiragram police stations in Kokrajhar.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- PM Modi's Buddha mantra for peace at Global Hindu Buddhist Conclave
- DNA: Bharat Bandh hits normal life; Bengal, Kerala among most affected
- Govt extended last date for e-filing of I-T return to Sept 7
- Do condom ads encourage rape?
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone
- BJP-RSS review meet, Day 2: NDA's education policy, Patel quota stir on agenda