Arunachal governor makes an aerial survey
Itanagar: Arunachal Pradesh Governor Gen (Retd) J J Singh today made an aerial survey of flood -affected areas in the capital complex.
A press note issued by the Raj Bhawan said the governor also made an aerial survey of various central projects implemented in the state, especially those under the Prime Minister?s special economic package announced during 2008.
The Governor surveyed the railway project from Naharlagun to Harmuty in Assam besides the road block point near Karsingsa, the press note said.
Meanwhile, fresh wave of flood triggered by torrential rains has affected Diyun Township in Changlang district.
The Diyun Nallah overflowed its banks causing hardship to the people, official sources said.
Anjaw district in Arunachal Pradesh remained cut-off for over three weeks with the portion of road near Mompani having been washed off in the recent flash floods.
Though the BRO has been working since June 20, the day
The road link was snapped, they are still unable to repair it. The only respite for the people is that they can now move out from the district in transit by changing vehicles at the block point,? T R Tapu, circle officer of Hayuliang, said.
Chief Minister Nabam Tuki had appealed to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh to depute a central team to assess losses incurred due to recent spate of floods in the state. Tuki, who met the PM in New Delhi yesterday, discussed with him the recent spate of floods in the state and damages caused to life and property by it.
The havoc wrecked by the floods in Arunachal Pradesh was no less than that in Assam, he told the prime minister in New Delhi on Monday.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- DNA: Reporting on war against ISIS in Mosul
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- Ramgopal Yadav writes letter to SP party workers after Akhilesh Yadav sacked Shivpal Yadav
- DNA: Analysing the derogatory remarks made by Chinese Newspaper on Indians
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened
- 'Ae Dil Hai Mushkil' row: Raj Thackeray says Rs 5 crore 'penance' for signing Pakistani artistes
- Kerala dress code row: 'Why not 'mundus' for men, if 'sarees' for women'
- PM Narendra Modi warns of 'surgical strikes' against black money, corruption