Assam: 104 permanent police pickets in BTAD and Dhubri
Guwahati: Assam government has set up 104 permanent police pickets in Dhubri and trouble-torn districts of Bodoland Territorial Autonomous District, where 61 people have died in recent clashes between Bodos and immigrant settlers, and security personnel would start manning these from Monday.
Stating this while reviewing relief measures for the area with senior officials here today, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi directed home department officials to intensify police patrolling in vulnerable areas to check any untoward incident.
Those found guilty of fomenting trouble should be apprehended and deterrent punishment meted out, he said and directed senior officials to undertake relief and rehabilitation measures on a war footing.
"There should not be any complaint from any quarter. Our topmost priority is now relief and rehabilitation measures and all our energies should be channelized towards it," he said.
Gogoi asked the Additional Chief Secretary to instruct the Deputy Commissioners of the affected districts to decongest the camps set up to house the victims of violence immediately and to open up new ones so that there is no major outbreak of diseases.
He asked the officials to provide adequate supply of soap/detergent, phenyl and bleaching powder for proper disinfection and create awareness among the camp inmates on the need to maintain hygiene and cleanliness.
Gogoi asked health officials to set up separate camps for pregnant/lactating women and children and provide nutritional support to them, official sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- SP leader seeks RS seat for Yakub's wife, sacked
- Political war of words erupts over Yakub Memon's execution
- Exclusive chat with Bajrangi Bhaijaan's Munni aka Harshaali Malhotra
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How do you cope up with ever changing environment in life?
- Mumbai: Woman pushed off from running local train by robbers
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- Yakub Memon's execution: Supreme Court Deputy Registrar quits over judgement
- Indian Army finds cow bombs near border, Maoists hand suspected?
- Delhi's graduate beggar – The amount he earns will shock you!
- Govt formalises strategies to counter ISIS threat, maintain internal security