Assam: 496 candidates in fray for 2nd phase of poll
Guwahati: Altogether 496 candidates are in the fray for 64 Assembly constituencies in Assam going to the polls in the second and last phase on April 11, state additional chief electoral officer SC Sahu said.
Today was the last day for withdrawal.
Prominent candidates in the fray are former chief minister and Asom Gana Parishad leader Prafulla Kumar Mahanta, its president Chandra Mohan Patowary and senior minister Himanta Biswa Sarma, election office sources said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Here's what Islamic State captors told Indian teachers
- Pakistan releases 163 Indian fishermen as goodwill gesture
- Washington Mayor calls Michelle Obama 'gorilla face', says 'she is attractive only to monkey man Barack'
- Drishyam earns Rs 17 cr in 2 days, Bajrangi clocks Rs 283 cr
- Two Indians freed from ISIS captivity in Libya to head home, fate of other two unknown