Assam: 5 year old girl tortured, severely injured
Karimganj: A five-year old girl was allegedly tortured and severely injured by an youth in Assam`s Karimganj district, police said Wednesday.
The five-year-old girl, who went missing on Monday evening was found lying in a paddy field with severe injuries near her house at Pinnagar village yesterday, Additional Superintendent of Police K K Gupta said.
With her father alleging that she was raped by the youth, who was arrested by the police.
However, the youth claimed that he was asked by the girl`s father, who is a shopkeeper, to take her home but she entered a wedding function on the way and went missing from there.
Gupta said medical examination of the girl has revealed that she was tortured and severely beaten up but whether she was raped or not was yet to be ascertained.
The girl was was first admitted to Karimganj Civil Hospital and later referred to Silchar Medical College Hospital, where her condition today was stated to be critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- Watch: How smartly this woman steals smartphone, walks away with it
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- Invoking Ambedkar's legacy, PM Modi says no rethink on quotas as Sena boycotts his events in Mumbai