Assam: 5 year old girl tortured, severely injured
Karimganj: A five-year old girl was allegedly tortured and severely injured by an youth in Assam`s Karimganj district, police said Wednesday.
The five-year-old girl, who went missing on Monday evening was found lying in a paddy field with severe injuries near her house at Pinnagar village yesterday, Additional Superintendent of Police K K Gupta said.
With her father alleging that she was raped by the youth, who was arrested by the police.
However, the youth claimed that he was asked by the girl`s father, who is a shopkeeper, to take her home but she entered a wedding function on the way and went missing from there.
Gupta said medical examination of the girl has revealed that she was tortured and severely beaten up but whether she was raped or not was yet to be ascertained.
The girl was was first admitted to Karimganj Civil Hospital and later referred to Silchar Medical College Hospital, where her condition today was stated to be critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Etawah: UP cops caught drunk while on duty
- Triple Talaq: Why AIMPLB are opposing the petitions filed in Supreme Court?
- DNA: Should strict action be taken against stone pelters of J&K?
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Chinese national insults Indian flag, throws it in dustbin outside Noida Oppo office; massive protest takes place
- Left to die on road, pregnant Lucknow woman writes to PM Narendra Modi to end 'triple talaq', says 'I voted for BJP'
- Gautam Gambhir gives Aussies perfect send-off, says true champions let their game do all the talking!
- Reliance Jio closes in on 50 million paid users