Assam: 5 year old girl tortured, severely injured
Karimganj: A five-year old girl was allegedly tortured and severely injured by an youth in Assam`s Karimganj district, police said Wednesday.
The five-year-old girl, who went missing on Monday evening was found lying in a paddy field with severe injuries near her house at Pinnagar village yesterday, Additional Superintendent of Police K K Gupta said.
With her father alleging that she was raped by the youth, who was arrested by the police.
However, the youth claimed that he was asked by the girl`s father, who is a shopkeeper, to take her home but she entered a wedding function on the way and went missing from there.
Gupta said medical examination of the girl has revealed that she was tortured and severely beaten up but whether she was raped or not was yet to be ascertained.
The girl was was first admitted to Karimganj Civil Hospital and later referred to Silchar Medical College Hospital, where her condition today was stated to be critical.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indrani 'slow-poisoned' Sheena, wanted to portray Mikhail as 'mentally unstable'?
- People have no faith left in Modi government: Sonia Gandhi at Swabhiman rally
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Satire website publishes article on Osama bin Laden being alive and quotes Edward Snowden
- Indrani's former brother-in-law claims Sheena was Siddharth Das' daughter
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Sheena murder: Suitcase seized from Indrani, Peter's residence meant for disposing Mikhail's body?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'