Assam: 7 ULFA cadre arrested, powerful IEDs recovered
Tinsukia: Seven cadre of ULFA were arrested on Friday night and two powerful improvised explosive devices (IED) have been recovered following an encounter in Assam`s Tinsukia district, the police said.
Acting on a tip-off about the presence of a group of ULFA cadre to carry out subversive activities in the district in the run-up to the Independence Day, the police launched a search operation in Borburi area since this evening and an encounter followed in which two cadre were nabbed while another fled away.
Five more cadre of ULFA were arrested following the interrogation of the duo and two powerful IEDs arrested from an abandoned cremation ground, 500 metres from the parade ground where the district administration was due to hold the I-Day parade, source said.
The bombs have been defused and search operations were on to arrest the militants who fled, the police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part II
- Panel discussion on breaking the law over cow security - Part III
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes?
- When will Indian roads become free from potholes and open manholes? - Part II
- Water tanker scam: ACB trying to arrest me, says Delhi Water Minister Kapil Mishra
- Malegaon blast accused Sadhvi Pragya's bail plea rejected — What NIA court said
- PM condoles death of Naga leader Isak Swu
- Photo alert! Divyanka Tripathi and Vivek Dahiya’s pre-wedding shoot looks like a fairytale
- Watch: Tiger Shroff, alleged girlfriend Disha Patani's sizzling chemistry is unmissable in 'Befikra'!