Assam: 8 minor girls rescued, trafficker arrested
Tezpur (Assam): Eight minor girls who were to be sent to Mumbai as part of a trafficking ring were rescued from Sonitpur district Sunday morning and a woman arrested for her alleged involvement in the incident.
All the girls, belonging to the Adivasi community in Barowa near Tezpur, were rescued from a house here after a tip off, police said.
Shakuntala Telenga was nabbed for allegedly trafficking the girls, they said.
She has allegedly confessed to having lured them by telling their families that they would be employed in respectable jobs in Mumbai.
Telenga was planning to take the girls first to Guwahati and then to Mumbai by train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Man beheads wife; roams on streets with severed head in Pune
- Greater Noida women blames UP police for stripping off their clothes
- Vladimir Putin's attack on ISIS making America and NATO nations uneasy?
- I believe this election will punish the old govts that spoiled Bihar, says PM Modi
- DNA: 50-lane traffic jam in China during national holiday
- Man beheads wife over suspicion of illicit relationship, walks on road with her head
- Why CBI is worried about Indian men’s lust for violent porn
- Bihar polls: Two surveys predict majority for Grand Alliance, one give edge to NDA
- What's happening in Noida! Now, a Dalit family resorts to nude protest
- Bihar Assembly Elections: Opinion poll predicts absolute majority for Modi-led NDA