Assam: 8 minor girls rescued, trafficker arrested
Tezpur (Assam): Eight minor girls who were to be sent to Mumbai as part of a trafficking ring were rescued from Sonitpur district Sunday morning and a woman arrested for her alleged involvement in the incident.
All the girls, belonging to the Adivasi community in Barowa near Tezpur, were rescued from a house here after a tip off, police said.
Shakuntala Telenga was nabbed for allegedly trafficking the girls, they said.
She has allegedly confessed to having lured them by telling their families that they would be employed in respectable jobs in Mumbai.
Telenga was planning to take the girls first to Guwahati and then to Mumbai by train.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Jawaharlal Nehru's Wikipedia page edited from govt IP address; Congress seeks PM Modi's reply
- Check JEE (Main) 2015 rank on www.jeemain.nic.in, cbseresults.nic.in
- No liberal approach, mediation or compromise in rape cases: Supreme Court
- Delhi court restrains release of controversial movie 'Mohalla Assi'
- Lalitgate: Centre denies deal with Congress over Sushma Swaraj, Vasundhara Raje