Assam announces Rs 100 cr package for tea tribes
Guwahati: Assam government on Sunday announced a Rs 100-crore special package for uplift of the tea garden communities.
The amount will primarily be spent for expanding education and increasing employment opportunities among tea tribes, Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi said here.
While addressing a function of the tea tribes, Gogoi said a separate cell will be set up in the education department for the tea garden students and a special scheme will be launched soon.
The government will provide scholarships to poor students from the community, besides establishing hostels in the schools, he added.
The Chief Minister also announced to donate Rs 20 lakh to publish different books relating to the tea tribes.
Gogoi also announced a host of other measures to uplift the communities including connecting the areas through electricity and providing bicycles to students.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Assam Board (seba.net.in & resultsassam.nic.in): SEBA HSLC / AHM class 10th Results 2015 to be announced today
- Was asked to call Sunanda Pushkar’s death `natural`: AIIMS doctor
- Maggi row: Delhi registers case against Nestle, Kerala withdraws stock from govt stores
- Rahul Gandhi hails BR Ambedkar, takes potshot at Modi-led NDA govt over IIT Madras row
- From being the ‘Dabangg’ girl to ‘Akira’ - Sonakshi Sinha’s journey so far