Assam: APCC for removal of DC, SP of Kokrajhar
Kokrajhar: Assam Pradesh Congress Committee today demanded immediate removal of Kokrajhar deputy commissioner and superintendent of police for allegedly "failing" to protect the lives of innocent people killed in ethnic clash.
In a memorandum submitted to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at Kokrajhar circuit house during his visit to the strife-torn district, APCC vice-president V L Karna alleged that the district administration and the police had "totally failed" in controlling the situation which had led to lawlessness.
Criticising Bodoland Territorial Autonomous District administration for failing to pre-empt the situation, it demanded constitutional action against the body.
The clashes took place at the behest of some vested interests, Karna said, and urged the government to "take stern measures to book the culprits."
He called for prompt supply of relief materials to the relief camps, alleging food shortage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena's diary reveals disturbed relationship with parents: DNA reports
- Shameless cheating in exams, when will Bihar learn?
- Setback for Air India as 30 Boeing 787 Dreamliner pilots resign
- Sheena case: Indrani quizzed jointly with Peter, denies killing daughter
- Trade unions` strike hits normal life across India
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Sheena Bora murder saga: 12 questions that police asked Peter Mukerjea during 12-hour grilling?
- Sunny Leone steamy condom ad (uncensored): Watch why this video is making news
- Indrani Mukerjea confesses to her role in Sheena Bora murder case
- 'Insulted' Samajwadi Party walks out of 'Janata Parivar', to contest Bihar polls alone