Assam: APCC for removal of DC, SP of Kokrajhar
Kokrajhar: Assam Pradesh Congress Committee today demanded immediate removal of Kokrajhar deputy commissioner and superintendent of police for allegedly "failing" to protect the lives of innocent people killed in ethnic clash.
In a memorandum submitted to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at Kokrajhar circuit house during his visit to the strife-torn district, APCC vice-president V L Karna alleged that the district administration and the police had "totally failed" in controlling the situation which had led to lawlessness.
Criticising Bodoland Territorial Autonomous District administration for failing to pre-empt the situation, it demanded constitutional action against the body.
The clashes took place at the behest of some vested interests, Karna said, and urged the government to "take stern measures to book the culprits."
He called for prompt supply of relief materials to the relief camps, alleging food shortage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened