Assam: APCC for removal of DC, SP of Kokrajhar
Kokrajhar: Assam Pradesh Congress Committee today demanded immediate removal of Kokrajhar deputy commissioner and superintendent of police for allegedly "failing" to protect the lives of innocent people killed in ethnic clash.
In a memorandum submitted to Prime Minister Manmohan Singh at Kokrajhar circuit house during his visit to the strife-torn district, APCC vice-president V L Karna alleged that the district administration and the police had "totally failed" in controlling the situation which had led to lawlessness.
Criticising Bodoland Territorial Autonomous District administration for failing to pre-empt the situation, it demanded constitutional action against the body.
The clashes took place at the behest of some vested interests, Karna said, and urged the government to "take stern measures to book the culprits."
He called for prompt supply of relief materials to the relief camps, alleging food shortage.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, 'sex sites' planted as following
- Lashkar-e-Toiba plotting 26/11-style attack in India with the help of Pak Navy, ISI?
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Radhe Maa approached to be a part of Bigg Boss 9?
- What was Indrani Mukherjea's original plan to murder Sheena Bora?
- Sheena Bora murder case: 'Indrani Mukerjea's father thrashed her with belt'
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Amitabh Bachchan's Twitter account hacked, sex sites planted as 'following'
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- PM Modi releases digital version of Ramcharitmanas musical