Assam Assembly winter session from Dec 10
Guwahati: The winter session of the Assam Legislative Assembly will begin from December 10.
The five-day session will continue upto December 14, an official release said today.
On the first day of the session, the list of supplementary demands and appropriation for 2012-2013 will be presented before the Assembly.
The voting on supplementary demands for grants for 2012-2013 would be taken up on December 23.
Besides, on December 12, the introduction, consideration and passage of the Assam Appropriation (Number IV) Bill 2012 is slated.
The winter session of the assembly is expected to be stormy as the Tarun Gogoi led government would come under the scanner of the opposition, on account of the recent ethnic violence in BTAD region, sources in various parties said.
Besides, panchayat polls in the state are slated for January-February and opposition parties are expected to corner the government regarding inflation and corruption allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sonakshi Sinha silences Twitter troll for calling her ugly and it's epic!
- Furkan, not Tiger Memon, arrested in Pakistan
- Sheena Bora murder case: Peter Mukerjea's statement recorded, police search his Worli residence
- Modi effect! Pakistan-occupied Kashmir wants to be part of India
- Rafiabad encounter ends with one terrorist dead; an Army jawan also martyred