Assam Assembly winter session from Dec 10
Guwahati: The winter session of the Assam Legislative Assembly will begin from December 10.
The five-day session will continue upto December 14, an official release said today.
On the first day of the session, the list of supplementary demands and appropriation for 2012-2013 will be presented before the Assembly.
The voting on supplementary demands for grants for 2012-2013 would be taken up on December 23.
Besides, on December 12, the introduction, consideration and passage of the Assam Appropriation (Number IV) Bill 2012 is slated.
The winter session of the assembly is expected to be stormy as the Tarun Gogoi led government would come under the scanner of the opposition, on account of the recent ethnic violence in BTAD region, sources in various parties said.
Besides, panchayat polls in the state are slated for January-February and opposition parties are expected to corner the government regarding inflation and corruption allegations.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- UP polls: When fans played spoilsport for SP star campaigner Dimple Yadav
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan
- 'Intolerance brigade' attacks Zee News' #FatehKaFatwa host Tarek Fateh - WATCH