Assam boat tragedy: PM assures all help
New Delhi: President Pratibha Patil on Monday expressed grief over the loss of life in a boat tragedy on the Brahmaputra river in Assam and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh assured the state government of all help for relief and fund for families of the deceased.
The Prime Minister spoke to Chief Minister of Assam Tarun Gogoi to convey his condolences and assured the state government of all possible assistance in relief operations and also for assistance from the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund to the families of the deceased," said a statement issued by PMO.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi also expressed her grief over the tragedy that happened in Brahmaputra river today.
She conveyed her heartfelt condolences to the family of the victims and asked the authorities to provide succour and relief to the injured, the party said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Sheena murder: Trio to be taken to Raigad to re-construct crime scene
- Mikhail emailed sister Sheena Bora's resignation letter: Report
- Raksha Bandhan: Sushma Swaraj ties Rakhi to Venkaiah Naidu
- DNA: 1965 Indo-Pak war- Analysis of India's victory and exposing Pakistan's lies
- Shiv Sena announces award of 2 lakh for Hindu families with 5 kids
- Indrani's ex-husband Sanjeev Khanna confesses to police he was involved in Sheena's murder
- Women's hockey team seals Olympic spot after 36 years, creates history on Dhyan Chand's birthday
- Dawood, Hafiz Saeed to be in fix as US, India may join hands to nab them
- Sushma Swaraj ties rakhi to M Venkaiah Naidu
- Indrani Mukerjea's son Mikhail emailed Sheena Bora's resignation letter