Assam boat tragedy: PM assures all help
New Delhi: President Pratibha Patil on Monday expressed grief over the loss of life in a boat tragedy on the Brahmaputra river in Assam and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh assured the state government of all help for relief and fund for families of the deceased.
The Prime Minister spoke to Chief Minister of Assam Tarun Gogoi to convey his condolences and assured the state government of all possible assistance in relief operations and also for assistance from the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund to the families of the deceased," said a statement issued by PMO.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi also expressed her grief over the tragedy that happened in Brahmaputra river today.
She conveyed her heartfelt condolences to the family of the victims and asked the authorities to provide succour and relief to the injured, the party said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Panel discussion over continuous chaos in Parliament on demonetisation
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan - Part II
- DNA: Know why Jayalalithaa was buried and not cremated
- Twitter users blast Arvind Kejriwal as he says 'Modi will never appoint a Muslim Vice President no matter what Jung does'
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- Kapil Sharma renews contract, his latest fee will make your jaw drop!
- RIP Amma: When Jayalalithaa sang one of her favourite songs, that too in Hindi - WATCH