Assam boat tragedy: PM assures all help
New Delhi: President Pratibha Patil on Monday expressed grief over the loss of life in a boat tragedy on the Brahmaputra river in Assam and Prime Minister Manmohan Singh assured the state government of all help for relief and fund for families of the deceased.
The Prime Minister spoke to Chief Minister of Assam Tarun Gogoi to convey his condolences and assured the state government of all possible assistance in relief operations and also for assistance from the Prime Minister’s National Relief Fund to the families of the deceased," said a statement issued by PMO.
Congress president Sonia Gandhi also expressed her grief over the tragedy that happened in Brahmaputra river today.
She conveyed her heartfelt condolences to the family of the victims and asked the authorities to provide succour and relief to the injured, the party said in a statement.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Afzal Guru row: JNU Students' Union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested
- Missing girl from Ghaziabad, Dipti Sarna returns; reunited with family
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU
- DNA: Analysis on actions taken against students protesting at JNU - Part II
- Watch: How students at JNU showcased anti-India spirit! - Part II
- Kumar Vishwas' birthday bash: Ajit Doval, BJP and RSS leaders attend; Arvind Kejriwal missing
- Afzal Guru row: JNU students union president Kanhaiya Kumar arrested by Delhi Police
- Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna reaches home, police and family remain tight-lipped over her recovery
- Was abducted, blindfolded for four hours; Snapdeal employee Dipti Sarna narrates her ordeal
- Fitoor movie review: Tabu overpowers, Katrina Kaif, Aditya Roy Kapur leave a lasting impact!