Assam: Businessmen close shops in support of Anna
Guwahati: All shops and business
establishments here downed their shutters on Tuesday to express
solidarity with social activist Anna Hazare who is observing a
fast demanding a stronger Lokpal bill to curb corruption.
Shops and business establishments were closed in the
commercial hubs of Fancy Bazaar, Paltan Bazaar, Pan Bazaar and
People came out in large numbers to express their support
for Anna, whose fast entered its eighth day today, shouting
The business community also took out a procession in
Fancy Bazaar area of the city to protest government`s "apathy"
on the Jan Lokpal bill.
Meanwhile, the protest at NCP Ground in Dighalipukhuri
under the aegis of India Against Corruption continued for the
eighth day today with prominent intellectuals, social
activists and students participating in the sit-in.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Exiled Kashmiri Pandits share their heart wrenching stories
- Basic ideals of Constitution are in danger: Sonia Gandhi
- PM Modi greets nation on occasion of first Constitution Day
- Manjula Vaghela's journey: From rag picker to head of a firm with Rs 1 cr turnover!
- Indian Army faces shortage of field firing ranges in J&K
- Woman commits suicide after heated discussion with husband over Aamir Khan's intolerance remark
- Eat smart to slow down ageing and increase longevity!
- Intolerance issue: Those attacking me are only proving my point, says Aamir Khan – Read full statement
- Setback to Kejriwal-led AAP as MLA Akhilesh Tripathi arrested in riot case
- 10 interesting facts about Constitution which every Indian must know