Assam: Businessmen close shops in support of Anna
Guwahati: All shops and business
establishments here downed their shutters on Tuesday to express
solidarity with social activist Anna Hazare who is observing a
fast demanding a stronger Lokpal bill to curb corruption.
Shops and business establishments were closed in the
commercial hubs of Fancy Bazaar, Paltan Bazaar, Pan Bazaar and
People came out in large numbers to express their support
for Anna, whose fast entered its eighth day today, shouting
The business community also took out a procession in
Fancy Bazaar area of the city to protest government`s "apathy"
on the Jan Lokpal bill.
Meanwhile, the protest at NCP Ground in Dighalipukhuri
under the aegis of India Against Corruption continued for the
eighth day today with prominent intellectuals, social
activists and students participating in the sit-in.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: US army's joint exercise with Indian Army and their consolation on Uri attack
- DNA: Analysis of Indus water treaty between India and Pakistan
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- EPFO to launch new online system for pensions and PFs soon
- Donald Trump praises Hindu community's contributions to US
- Uri effect? India, Afghanistan bypass Pak to set up exclusive air corridor
- Reliance Jio impact: Vodafone offers 10 GB data at 1 GB rate
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi
- 7 scenarios Pak will face directly if India scraps Indus Waters Treaty – Read details