Assam Chief Minister turns 78
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi celebrated his 78th birthday on Thursday at his official residence atop the Koinadhara hills here.
Members of his cabinet, party colleagues and well wishers called on him since morning to wish the Chief Minister on his birthday.
Gogoi, assisted by his wife Dolly, cut a huge cake in the presence of several well-wishers.
Speaking on the occasion, the Chief Minister thanked God and the people of Assam for their blessings and good wishes.
"I have faced many challenges in life but am lucky to have overcome them only due to the blessings of God and good wishes of the people", he added.
Gogoi, who is serving his third consecutive term as the Chief Minister of the state, was born in Rangajan Tea Estate of Jorhat district.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Missed the dance of American President Donald Trump? - Watch it here
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened