Assam CM directs speedy implementation of IWMP schemes
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Tuesday directed officials to accelerate the pace of implementation of the ongoing schemes of Integrated Watershed Management Programme (IWMP) in the state.
The Chief Minister in a review meeting held here directed officials of Soil Conservation department to work in close tandem with Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, for effective implementation of the schemes.
Gogoi also directed the department to implement the schemes within the stipulated time frame and to submit utilization certificates for timely release of funds by the Central Government.
He underscored the need for community participation for successful implementation of the schemes under IWMP.
A power point presentation was made by the state level nodal agency on the status of schemes under various stages of implementation.
The meeting was attended, among others, by Chief Secretary Jitesh Khosla, Joint Secretary to the Government of India S Dave, Additional Chief Secretary Bhaskar Mushahary, Additional Chief Secretary VK Pipersania and Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister Jishnu Barua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- Ramgopal Yadav writes to SP workers after Akhilesh Yadav suspends Shivpal Yadav
- How will the rift in Samajwadi Party affect UP politics?
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- This is why Cyrus Mistry was removed as Chairman of Tata Sons!
- Prompt action on border pushes Pak to offer olive branch, says both sides need to 'formalise' 2003 ceasefire
- Read letters by Ratan Tata to PM Narendra Modi and Group employees after Cyrus Mistry's ouster
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees