Assam CM directs speedy implementation of IWMP schemes
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Tuesday directed officials to accelerate the pace of implementation of the ongoing schemes of Integrated Watershed Management Programme (IWMP) in the state.
The Chief Minister in a review meeting held here directed officials of Soil Conservation department to work in close tandem with Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, for effective implementation of the schemes.
Gogoi also directed the department to implement the schemes within the stipulated time frame and to submit utilization certificates for timely release of funds by the Central Government.
He underscored the need for community participation for successful implementation of the schemes under IWMP.
A power point presentation was made by the state level nodal agency on the status of schemes under various stages of implementation.
The meeting was attended, among others, by Chief Secretary Jitesh Khosla, Joint Secretary to the Government of India S Dave, Additional Chief Secretary Bhaskar Mushahary, Additional Chief Secretary VK Pipersania and Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister Jishnu Barua.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- India successfully test fires futuristic Scramjet Rocket Engine
- Modi govt plans Rs 2,000 crore package for refugees from PoK
- Watch: Baloch, Sindhi leaders hold joint protest against CPEC in London
- India in Olympics: PM Modi forms task force to improve Indian sports
- Watch: President confers Khel Ratna to PV Sindhu, Sakshi, Dipa and Jitu Rai