Assam CM directs speedy implementation of IWMP schemes
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Tuesday directed officials to accelerate the pace of implementation of the ongoing schemes of Integrated Watershed Management Programme (IWMP) in the state.
The Chief Minister in a review meeting held here directed officials of Soil Conservation department to work in close tandem with Agriculture, Fisheries and Forestry, for effective implementation of the schemes.
Gogoi also directed the department to implement the schemes within the stipulated time frame and to submit utilization certificates for timely release of funds by the Central Government.
He underscored the need for community participation for successful implementation of the schemes under IWMP.
A power point presentation was made by the state level nodal agency on the status of schemes under various stages of implementation.
The meeting was attended, among others, by Chief Secretary Jitesh Khosla, Joint Secretary to the Government of India S Dave, Additional Chief Secretary Bhaskar Mushahary, Additional Chief Secretary VK Pipersania and Principal Secretary to the Chief Minister Jishnu Barua.
- Bhagat Singh's name termed as terrorist to be removed from DU textbook
- Ludhiana: Protest against DU for calling Bhagat Singh as terrorist in textbook
- Delhi: INTUC workers protest outside Subramanian Swamy's residence
- Special CBI court accuses Naveen Jindal for criminal conspiracy in coal scam
- Gujarat announces 10% reservation for economically backward class
- WATCH: Urvashi Rautela's sizzling dance with Dwayne Bravo at a party!
- Sangeeta Bijlani not miffed with 'Azhar', says Emraan Hashmi
- No sugar shortage: 31 million MT sugar to be available during 2016-17
- Vegan? Here's how you can get all key nutrients!
- India performing well as compared to other nations: UN expert