Assam CM rallies behind Salman Khurshid
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Tuesday rallied behind Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid who has allegations of graft charges levelled against him.
"Will it be proper to crucify Salman Khurshid or anyone without any substantive evidence of guilt? No one can be crucified unless found guilty," he said in a statement here.
Citing the case of former Assam minister Ripun Bora, Gogoi said though the CBI chargesheeted him on the basis of prima facie evidence, the High Court and Supreme Court exonerated him from all charges.
"No one can be termed guilty unless proved to the contrary," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof