Assam CM rallies behind Salman Khurshid
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Tuesday rallied behind Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid who has allegations of graft charges levelled against him.
"Will it be proper to crucify Salman Khurshid or anyone without any substantive evidence of guilt? No one can be crucified unless found guilty," he said in a statement here.
Citing the case of former Assam minister Ripun Bora, Gogoi said though the CBI chargesheeted him on the basis of prima facie evidence, the High Court and Supreme Court exonerated him from all charges.
"No one can be termed guilty unless proved to the contrary," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch video: The epic battle between 'Machli' tigress and a 14-foot-long crocodile!
- India, Bangladesh swap border enclaves, settle historic dispute; people rejoice
- Home Ministry holds high-level meet over ISIS
- Watch: Passenger plane dangerously oscillates before touching runway
- 'Remembering Dr APJ Abdul Kalam' - President Pranab Mukherjee's photo tribute on Twitter