Assam CM rallies behind Salman Khurshid
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Tuesday rallied behind Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid who has allegations of graft charges levelled against him.
"Will it be proper to crucify Salman Khurshid or anyone without any substantive evidence of guilt? No one can be crucified unless found guilty," he said in a statement here.
Citing the case of former Assam minister Ripun Bora, Gogoi said though the CBI chargesheeted him on the basis of prima facie evidence, the High Court and Supreme Court exonerated him from all charges.
"No one can be termed guilty unless proved to the contrary," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - Huge fire breaks out at petrol pump in Kota, Rajasthan
- Bihar: Congress leader Brajesh Pandey accused of running sex racket
- BJP MP Yogi Adityanath compares Akhilesh Yadav with 'Aurangzeb' and 'Kans'
- Acrimonious remarks of political leaders during UP elections
- Have political parties diverted from development agenda in UP elections?
- Reliance Jio's tariff plan from April 1; voice calls, roaming to be free: Mukesh Ambani
- Virat Kohli thanks sprint legend Usain Bolt for congratulating him on 'record' Puma deal
- BMC exit poll: BJP predicted to score big in neck-and-neck battle with Shiv Sena
- IPL 2017 Auction: Reaction-filled Twitter erupts with emotions!
- Reliance Jio Prime Membership at Rs 99: All you need to know about the plan