Assam CM rallies behind Salman Khurshid
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Tuesday rallied behind Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid who has allegations of graft charges levelled against him.
"Will it be proper to crucify Salman Khurshid or anyone without any substantive evidence of guilt? No one can be crucified unless found guilty," he said in a statement here.
Citing the case of former Assam minister Ripun Bora, Gogoi said though the CBI chargesheeted him on the basis of prima facie evidence, the High Court and Supreme Court exonerated him from all charges.
"No one can be termed guilty unless proved to the contrary," he added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Analysis of decision to name Aurangzeb Road after Dr. Abdul Kalam - Part III
- Indrani Mukerjea's three plans to kill Sheena Bora
- DNA: Analyzing Geeta Press' baseless accusations against Zee News - Part II
- Govt should stop discrimination against Muslims: Hamid Ansari
- Baby girl still in hospital after 76 days, mother denies relationship with baby
- Leaked! Tentative list of 'Bigg Boss 9' revealed and guess who's hosting?
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Sheena Bora murder case: Indrani Mukerjea charged with poisoning son Mikhail