Assam CM rallies behind Salman Khurshid
Guwahati: Assam Chief Minister Tarun Gogoi on Tuesday rallied behind Union Law Minister Salman Khurshid who has allegations of graft charges levelled against him.
"Will it be proper to crucify Salman Khurshid or anyone without any substantive evidence of guilt? No one can be crucified unless found guilty," he said in a statement here.
Citing the case of former Assam minister Ripun Bora, Gogoi said though the CBI chargesheeted him on the basis of prima facie evidence, the High Court and Supreme Court exonerated him from all charges.
"No one can be termed guilty unless proved to the contrary," he added.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Helicopter ferrying 6 pilgrims, woman pilot crashes near Katra
- Growing sense of despondency in India from last 6-8 months: Aamir Khan
- 8th Ramnath Goenka Awards: Sudhir Chaudhary awarded for Excellence in Journalism
- Tejashwi Yadav takes charge as Deputy CM of Bihar
- Arvind Kejriwal clarifies his friendly gesture with Lalu Prasad Yadav
- Know how much sex is enough for happiness
- Swaragini: Ragini gets caught in her own trap; Swara slaps her
- Rahul's mails nail Peter Mukerjea's involvement in Sheena Bora murder case?
- Shah Rukh Khan tweets about new ‘Dilwale’ song
- Lesson for jihadi aspirants? ISIS says Indians not good enough as 6 out of 23 fighters from India are killed