Assam Congress leader Bikram Singh Brahma remanded to judicial custody
Kokrajhar (Assam): Assam Congress leader Bikram Singh Brahma, arrested for allegedly raping a married woman, was on Friday remanded to judicial custody after his bail prayer was rejected.
Kokrajhar Chief Judicial Magistrate Jitumoni Barman remanded Brahma, who was charged with rape and trespass, to judicial custody for 14 days after rejecting his bail petition.
Bramha, the Baksa district Committee Chairman and Congress coordinator of the Bodoland Territorial Council, had allegedly raped a married woman at Santipura village in Chirang district on January 2.
Meanwhile, Brahma`s son Bulbul Singh Brahma filed a case against the victim and her husband alleging criminal conspiracy, theft and mischief causing damage.
Bramha has been suspended from the party and ceases to hold any post. The party has started an inquiry against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- National Geographic's famed ''Afghan Girl'' arrested in Pakistan for forgery
- Hrithik Roshan, Yami Gautam's 'Kaabil' trailer shocks Rakesh Roshan
- VIRAL VIDEO: Damn cute! Why this 9-week-old's full head of hair is shocking the internet - WATCH