Assam Congress leader Bikram Singh Brahma remanded to judicial custody
Kokrajhar (Assam): Assam Congress leader Bikram Singh Brahma, arrested for allegedly raping a married woman, was on Friday remanded to judicial custody after his bail prayer was rejected.
Kokrajhar Chief Judicial Magistrate Jitumoni Barman remanded Brahma, who was charged with rape and trespass, to judicial custody for 14 days after rejecting his bail petition.
Bramha, the Baksa district Committee Chairman and Congress coordinator of the Bodoland Territorial Council, had allegedly raped a married woman at Santipura village in Chirang district on January 2.
Meanwhile, Brahma`s son Bulbul Singh Brahma filed a case against the victim and her husband alleging criminal conspiracy, theft and mischief causing damage.
Bramha has been suspended from the party and ceases to hold any post. The party has started an inquiry against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Triple talaq, polygamy integral part of Islam: AIMPLB tells SC
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Kapil Sharma–Sunil Grover fallout: Kiku Sharda finally breaks silence
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'