Assam Congress leader Bikram Singh Brahma remanded to judicial custody
Kokrajhar (Assam): Assam Congress leader Bikram Singh Brahma, arrested for allegedly raping a married woman, was on Friday remanded to judicial custody after his bail prayer was rejected.
Kokrajhar Chief Judicial Magistrate Jitumoni Barman remanded Brahma, who was charged with rape and trespass, to judicial custody for 14 days after rejecting his bail petition.
Bramha, the Baksa district Committee Chairman and Congress coordinator of the Bodoland Territorial Council, had allegedly raped a married woman at Santipura village in Chirang district on January 2.
Meanwhile, Brahma`s son Bulbul Singh Brahma filed a case against the victim and her husband alleging criminal conspiracy, theft and mischief causing damage.
Bramha has been suspended from the party and ceases to hold any post. The party has started an inquiry against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Importance of viewers' comments and remarks on reported news
- DNA: Has PM Modi's mention of Balochistan during I-Day speech unsettled China?
- DNA: Why commuting by bus in India is an unpleasant experience
- DNA: Elderly couple forced to live separately after 62 years; images go viral
- DNA: Unhappy with stint in Rio, Kim Jong-un announces penalty for North Korean olympians
- NASA astronaut Jeff Williams' camera zooms in on alluring views of these two places! - See pics
- Nico Rosberg surprised to see teammate Lewis Hamilton finishing 3rd in Belgian GP
- See pic: Cassini captures delicate glow on Saturn's ring!
- Mamata urges people to oppose strike, government warns absentees of action
- India, Myanmar agree to increase bilateral cooperation