Assam Congress leader Bikram Singh Brahma remanded to judicial custody
Kokrajhar (Assam): Assam Congress leader Bikram Singh Brahma, arrested for allegedly raping a married woman, was on Friday remanded to judicial custody after his bail prayer was rejected.
Kokrajhar Chief Judicial Magistrate Jitumoni Barman remanded Brahma, who was charged with rape and trespass, to judicial custody for 14 days after rejecting his bail petition.
Bramha, the Baksa district Committee Chairman and Congress coordinator of the Bodoland Territorial Council, had allegedly raped a married woman at Santipura village in Chirang district on January 2.
Meanwhile, Brahma`s son Bulbul Singh Brahma filed a case against the victim and her husband alleging criminal conspiracy, theft and mischief causing damage.
Bramha has been suspended from the party and ceases to hold any post. The party has started an inquiry against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is Akhilesh Yadav overlooking Muslims as Mulayam Singh alleged?
- DNA: Why did Navjot Singh Sidhu call BJP 'Kaikeyi’, Congress ‘Kaushalya’?
- 38-year-old arrested for ‘raping’ minors in Delhi; assaulted over 600 girls
- BJP announces 149 names in first list of candidates for UP elections
- My father wanted me to be a man of character: Navjot Singh Siddhu
- Geeta Phogat comes to rescue of Zaira Wasim; hits out at trolls, asks actress not to apologise
- ‘Dangal’ star Zaira Wasim says I am not a role model, not proud of what I am doing
- Assembly Elections: BJP releases list of 149 candidates for Uttar Pradesh, 64 for Uttarakhand
- Serial child rapist arrested in Delhi, says 'preyed on girls for sexual satisfaction, enjoyed it'
- China's NSG stand is neither fair nor transparent, says Defence Expert