Assam Congress leader Bikram Singh Brahma remanded to judicial custody
Kokrajhar (Assam): Assam Congress leader Bikram Singh Brahma, arrested for allegedly raping a married woman, was on Friday remanded to judicial custody after his bail prayer was rejected.
Kokrajhar Chief Judicial Magistrate Jitumoni Barman remanded Brahma, who was charged with rape and trespass, to judicial custody for 14 days after rejecting his bail petition.
Bramha, the Baksa district Committee Chairman and Congress coordinator of the Bodoland Territorial Council, had allegedly raped a married woman at Santipura village in Chirang district on January 2.
Meanwhile, Brahma`s son Bulbul Singh Brahma filed a case against the victim and her husband alleging criminal conspiracy, theft and mischief causing damage.
Bramha has been suspended from the party and ceases to hold any post. The party has started an inquiry against him.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- No trace of IAF's AN-32 aircraft and survivors
- Rio Olympics 2016: NADA to take decision on Narsingh Yadav's fate today
- Intruder who ‘spiked’ wrestler Narsingh Yadav’s food identified: Sources
- China increases soldiers at Ladakh's Pangong Lake
- Madhya Pradesh: Two women assaulted at railway station for carrying beef
- Bezwada Wilson, T M Krishna win Ramon Magsaysay Award
- Caribbean Premier League eyes US ahead of T20 games
- Mayawati slur row: Expelled BJP leader Dayashankar Singh spotted in Jharkhand – See pics
- US mother thrashes daughter on Facebook Live –Know why
- Anuja Chauhan's next novel to be about men in uniform