Assam CPI for talks with insurgent outfits
Guwahati: The Assam unit of the CPI on Wednesday
promised to include all the insurgent outfits in the state in
the gambit of negotiation to solve the vexed militancy
Releasing the party`s election manifesto for next
month`s assembly poll, Bhogeswar Dutta of CPI state council,
said the NDFB and other militant outfits should be called for
negotiation following the government`s peace initiatives with
the banned ULFA.
Welcoming the initial round of talks with the ULFA,
tbe CPI leader said his party was in favour of finding a
political solution to the issue.
Criticising the economic liberalisation process of the
Congress which led to "largescale corruption of late", the
party promised to take up the issue on the floor of the
assembly and launch a massive public agitation.
Slamming both the Congress and BJP, the manifesto
regretted that during their rule at the Centre the country
suffered and appealed to the people to vote them out of power.
CPI pledged to the people to effectively tackle major
problems afflicting the state, including that of infiltration
and flood, if voted to power.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Watch: ISIS terrorist blown into pieces while bragging about his previous victory