Assam CPI for talks with insurgent outfits
Guwahati: The Assam unit of the CPI on Wednesday
promised to include all the insurgent outfits in the state in
the gambit of negotiation to solve the vexed militancy
Releasing the party`s election manifesto for next
month`s assembly poll, Bhogeswar Dutta of CPI state council,
said the NDFB and other militant outfits should be called for
negotiation following the government`s peace initiatives with
the banned ULFA.
Welcoming the initial round of talks with the ULFA,
tbe CPI leader said his party was in favour of finding a
political solution to the issue.
Criticising the economic liberalisation process of the
Congress which led to "largescale corruption of late", the
party promised to take up the issue on the floor of the
assembly and launch a massive public agitation.
Slamming both the Congress and BJP, the manifesto
regretted that during their rule at the Centre the country
suffered and appealed to the people to vote them out of power.
CPI pledged to the people to effectively tackle major
problems afflicting the state, including that of infiltration
and flood, if voted to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Trump-Sharif conversation: Team Donald denies Pakistan's claims
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Hizbul commander Musa issues threats of attacks in new video
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Manohar Parrikar exposes Mamata's attempt to politicise routine Army exercise in Kolkata
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video