Assam CPI for talks with insurgent outfits
Guwahati: The Assam unit of the CPI on Wednesday
promised to include all the insurgent outfits in the state in
the gambit of negotiation to solve the vexed militancy
Releasing the party`s election manifesto for next
month`s assembly poll, Bhogeswar Dutta of CPI state council,
said the NDFB and other militant outfits should be called for
negotiation following the government`s peace initiatives with
the banned ULFA.
Welcoming the initial round of talks with the ULFA,
tbe CPI leader said his party was in favour of finding a
political solution to the issue.
Criticising the economic liberalisation process of the
Congress which led to "largescale corruption of late", the
party promised to take up the issue on the floor of the
assembly and launch a massive public agitation.
Slamming both the Congress and BJP, the manifesto
regretted that during their rule at the Centre the country
suffered and appealed to the people to vote them out of power.
CPI pledged to the people to effectively tackle major
problems afflicting the state, including that of infiltration
and flood, if voted to power.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian- Americans launch online petition to declare Pakistan 'sponsor of terrorism'
- Panel discussion over PM Modi's willingness to engage in direct dialogue with Pak
- EU warns Pakistan of political and economic sanctions over atrocities in Baloch
- Should Pakistani artists be restricted from working in India?
- PM Modi slams Pakistan govt during his speech in Kozhikode
- SHOCKING VIDEO: This man was trying to take selfie with python - You won't believe what happened next!
- Call up this number and get Reliance Jio's SIM for sure
- WATCH: Ravichandran Ashwin's magic ball that bamboozled Kane Williamson on Day 3
- If you have guts, send your suicide bombers to Pakistan: Samajwadi Party to MNS' Raj Thackeray
- Govt calls meet on Indus Water Treaty; Water Resources Ministry, MEA to brief PM Modi